the Rift

Newbie Here, Give Me All The Ideas!

Zodiaque Posts: 0
Unclaimed
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 24
Zoey
Alright so I got the basics and foundation of the site in my knowledge skill set now, and I'm in the process of making my first character - Helena (her profile is up in the character creation board if you'd like to see her). I got her design and reference sheet done and I have a faint idea of how I would like to build her character, but I'm a huge fan of pre-planning the development of a character. I really adore focusing my Role-Play around in character relations.

I would like Helena to not be much of a physical fighter (though when pushed to the brink she is quite good), but more of an intellectual use of tongue and diplomatic power kind of fighter. I have met many people in the cbox already and I am leaning towards joining the Aurora Basin herd and filling in a rank slot which is available there.

My main goal currently is to get a background designed for my character that ties into some history of the site as well as get a vision for where future threads can lead. I know I have to post in the Threshold, and from there things will flourish. This is a very beautiful site and I would love to become apart of or fill anything that is needed in other character's plots, so fill me in and let's see if we can work something magical out!

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
welp ive got serenity here and while i cant offer much of a background for her here i can offer some future stuff c:

right now she's terrified of unicorns (due to growing up in a slave camp run by them) and i'd like her to get over this at some point--when, though, is up to plots. not sure what your girl's personality is, but if she's the kind to make friends and is patient i think she could be a wonderful thing for serenity! it'd require lots of threading for serenity to learn to be okay with the horned, but having a friend in the Basin would be loads of progress if youre interested!!

if you wanted some background idea help, i think she could fit in perfectly with the dorobo world! it's smitty's brainchild and is full of rich cultural ties from different regions. i'll be picking up an adopt of hers soon so if you wanted to plot out some relation between them (friends, enemies, etc) we could do that also
(here's the thread, and ill be picking up ghalia from uumalah <3 )

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Cassius Posts: 46
Aurora Basin Haurspex atk: 3.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.0h :: 4 [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
mar
I might have some ideas! :3

Cassius is still fairly new, but he's in the Aurora Basin and in a scholar position! I wonder if Helena would do well in these ranks?

As for background history, if you're up for it, you could include Helena into Cassius' history? I've left it fairly generic, open for details. He was originally in a wandering band, along the outskirts of a growing 'kingdom'. This particular kingdom practiced slavery, and Cassius happened to be young - but old enough to remember - when the scouts took him and separated his family.

Perhaps Helena could have been someone who was a class higher? A diplomat of some sort? Perhaps there were clans/nobles and heads of houses in this world - that worked together to conquer these other lands, and thus become the large kingdom that it is. Although, given the internal struggles - I'm sure there would have been a lot of work for Helena.

- As for Cassius, we could have had him serving for 'her' people. Or the people who employed her? In this world only a select few/bloodlines have magic, and they've built many a buildings and structures and the such. (we could brainstorm that).

- Which could take us to the present day! Where Cassius has escaped, and is finally starting to feel comfortable with his new status. Perhaps he recognizes her, but she doesn't recognize him? Or perhaps she does - up to you (and she could be cruel to him or whatever - I'm getting ahead of myself, derp). In any case Cassius would become mighty paranoid, and probably keep an eye on her. And might direct his well hidden hurt/anger to rear up and cause trouble. (There must be some reason for her departure though?).

(Feel free to put up any ideas if you want!)

If not, I'm always open for plotting that doesn't involve Helena directly from his past. He's in the Basin, a scholar, a softie, and a huge pacifist. Perhaps they can work together, or end up as rivals from differences of thought.

Feel free to shoot me a PM, or if you have any ideas I'll keep an eye on here. ^^

@Zodiaque