the Rift

[OPEN] Don't let me down [swp clearing/bone collecting]

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Ok, look. Yael has never met Ampere, and all her interactions with electricity tell her that it can be conducted - like through water - and so why would this electricity be any different? Not only is is a logical assumption, she finds herself rather confused that no one else comes to the same conclusion. Electricity and water don’t play well together. But ah, who is she to question magic, or the control thereof? They’re just mere mortals, here to do the cretin’s bidding. By hoof, or wing, or pure willpower if need be.

With an exaggerated eye roll, Yael descends to the shore to join the others. Ampere’s cool tone is not insulting, but her words annoy her nonetheless. Just a little bit. Her retort is a bit salty “Ve aren’t all blessed vit mageec, so xoof and veeng for me as vell.” But her gaze travels down the expanse of beach, and even now, other groups are showing up to clear little pockets of their own. With a gesture of her wing, she responds, mimicking the blue mare. “A leettle xard vork never xurt anyvone.” Not them, and not us, she seems to mean.

And with that, she pointedly ignores the last query, for the truth is that no, Yael has nothing better to do. She has no position, no responsibilities to speak of in the Edge. There is nothing insider her but a lessening grief that needs to be occupied; less fresh than Ampere’s, but no less epic in the enormity of their love for one another. As the petite gold pegasus turns her back to search the sand reeds for bits of bone, she shouts behind her, voicing a concern that had needled at her since the moment Keesamoa asked it of them. “Vhat do you t’ink he vants ze bones for? Burial? To raise a skeleton army?” She pauses briefly, and then with a light chuckle, adds, “Vhat eef ve accidentally breeng him non-xorse bones?”

She masks the question in humor, seeming to pay attention simply to the task at hand - what she’s trying to get at is - do they trust the water-being? They, who have been here longer than she? He is not a god. So… what is he?  

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Sunjata  I don't see the need to, but whatever you want ^_^
@ Tae  @Ru

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't let me down [swp clearing/bone collecting] - by Yael - 01-08-2017, 06:33 PM