the Rift

[PRIVATE] a thorn among the petals

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Though not thin, having glutted on mushrooms and moss, found in the Heart Caverns, when other more satisfying foraging could not be uncovered from the snow, it certainly hadn’t been the best Frostfall of my life.  It’s easy to feel like you are King of the Nomads when the world has plenty, and the season benevolent, but the muffling, white blanket of winter is quick to steal your bellowed songs of conquest.  From struggle against the elements, the smallest of these punishments, to death, a heavy, unmistakable blow, I find that, while I still know the songs of glory, I am loathe to sing them again so soon.

Instead, I dwell in silence, an almost holy thing, of mourning; for my father, his memory drawing a wince to my face, and for my childhood, at last dead, the chalky remains of rusted metal, devoured by wind.   

Now, more than ever, I understand that this wandering way cannot be my life forever, if I ever wish to have any leisure, or corpseless dreams (and, subsequently, a good night’s sleep) again.  However, I am not sure where to turn, having exhausted hope to the south and north.  Left only with the World’s Edge and the Hidden Falls, both full of strangers, their blood mingled, as not even the beasts are apt to do.  The idea of living in a home where the defilement of the ancient laws was not as easily ignored as it was out here made my skin crawl, mostly because I knew that those sort of people no longer felt guilt for what they did. 

It was one thing to be overwhelmed by instinct, driven past your will to sustain cognitive processes over the base needs of survival, and to seek recompense.  It was another entirely to do as you pleased, without care for the Gods, or your people.  What would become of the unicorn, if there were not those like me, who remembered that blood mingled is no longer pure, that, eventually it would run so thin as to fade away entirely?  It was noble, to strive to retain the perfection of my people, whether we were truly the first and only true race of the First Gods, or not, and it was just to defend that which one found sacred.  To stumble, I was learning, was merely part of the journey.

It was how you proceeded with scuffed knees which determined who you were, not having fallen in the first place.

Moving through the sunlit meadow, the young, pale emerald grasses sway in the forgivingly cool breeze, the first magenta blooms appearing from their green knots.  Pausing among them in a particularly flower laden portion of the meadow, Duir’s heart soars at the myriad of wildflowers returned to the soft, grassy underbelly of the thistle plants, and I begrudgingly agree to remain, while he begins to sample each and every one, occasionally sighing with contented delight.  Every so often, at his insistence, I too bend my head to try one, finding that I’m apparently not as into eating flowers as he is.

[ OOC: Sets all his threads today in the Meadow I guess? xD Anyway yaaaaaay flower time ~ ]

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Glacia @Tiamat

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 01-03-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 01-29-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-08-2017, 10:14 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 02-11-2017, 02:03 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-11-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 02-13-2017, 12:21 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-16-2017, 10:44 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 02-17-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-22-2017, 11:31 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 02-25-2017, 12:58 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-28-2017, 11:31 AM