the Rift

[PRIVATE] a thorn among the petals

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

While I’d hoped Tiamat would put a stop to the madness, she, instead, seems intrigued, and amused. My outside self, therefore, is happy, too, all while I shout and writhe on the inside, demanding that Duir give me the rock back before he does any permanent damage to my reputation. When she turns to me, though, I can’t help but return my attention to what she says, wondering why it is that she would want to be around someone so cheerful.

It suits me?

My buffoon body steps towards her, a happy smile on my lips, hoping to brush my nose across her cheek in thanks; inside, I retreat towards a dark corner, my mind suddenly stricken with a heavy wonder. Seeking through my memory for the last time I’d smiled and existed with such abandon, I find nothing, except very old, very faded memories of being too small to hear and see the things that had become my reality as soon as I had the capacity to know.

Was I really that unhappy? And… if I was… had I truly never been happy to begin with?

"It’s all thanks to you, Tiamat!" my mouth laughs, truthfully, openly, revealing how much she might mean to me, if I let myself look at the growing bonds between us to carefully; it really was, after all, all thanks to her. All these smiles were hers, borrowed from her well of sunshine, which seemed to eternally refill itself, again and again.

Suddenly concerned for my mental well being (sensing the sudden change from anger, and struggle, to sorrow, and hopelessness), my buck moves to lay down with Tiamat, pressing the stone down onto her belly, to keep the contact between she and the magic steady. Not far behind him, I lay next to her, tucking my legs neatly alongside me, rather than exposing my belly to the sky, like she does.

"Oh, I have the ability to make other people do stuff I want them to," casually tells my body of all my dark secrets, the things I’d never have told Tiamat before, out of fear that she would reject me, for the dark nature of my powers (and, lets be honest, general being). In the throes of the spell, however, I’m hopelessly left to the whims of the magic, which, apparently, cares not for my emotional reservations (or that I'm still drowning in my inward melancholy), and plunges forth like an arrow, without abandon. "I want to get better at using it, you know? So he sent me out to learn about it, by experiencing it."

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Tiamat

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 01-03-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 01-29-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-08-2017, 10:14 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 02-11-2017, 02:03 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-11-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 02-13-2017, 12:21 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-16-2017, 10:44 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 02-17-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-22-2017, 11:31 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 02-25-2017, 12:58 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-28-2017, 11:31 AM