the Rift

[OPEN] because all suffering is sweet to me [bone gathering]

Bartholomeo Posts: 46
World's Edge Protector atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16'2hh :: 7 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

After his business is completed in the Rotunda, the pirate makes his way to the Endless Blue. Not only does he think it the most likely place to find some trees to move, but he gleefully seizes upon any opportunity to spend more time around the ocean. When there's sand crunching beneath his hooves and the salty tang of brine in his nostrils, the bay stallion is quite content. He's made the beach his unofficial home, so it seems only fair he do a little more work for Kisamoa since it's on his way anyway.

During the journey to the Endless Blue from the forest, the stag stumbles across a large stash of bones. He selects a couple of the largest and plunges his antlers into their depths, causing several of the bones to snag between the tines. After lifting his head, the stallion takes a few seconds to steady himself and grow accustomed to the new weight pressing down on his head, before resuming his journey as though it's perfectly normal to carry bits of skeleton in your antlers. Some people have decorative moss, some have rope....the tree-marked brute has bones. They're all the rage.

As he makes his way across the beach, looking for more bones to collect before he heads back to Kisamoa, he catches sight of a pair of women. In recent years, Bartholomeo has developed quite the eye for a lady, as even though his heart is strictly off-limits he still has needs. They're an attractive pair, even the one with the glass horns and the sinister, carved smile. "Hello ladies," he says with his vagabond's grin, his deep green eyes twinkling with good humour and just an edge of flirtation. He ambles closer, the bones in his antlers rattling slightly, and he notes that the two mares have already begun to gather some other bones and placed them upon a large piece of driftwood. Hmm, that's clever. Makes more sense than having to do a dozen journeys to transport all the objects back to Kisamoa.

"Here, allow me to assist you." Ever the chivalrous pirate - when it suits him - Bartholomeo shifts closer to the makeshift raft, lowering his head to shake the bones down onto it. Unfortunately, the oddly-shaped items snag and catch in his tines, and he realises with alarm that they're unwilling to depart their snug home in his antlers. "Ah. That's unfortunate." He gives a booming laugh, utterly unphased by his compromising situation. "Uhm, would you two lovely ladies mind helping a guy out?" He offers them his most winning smile, and hopelessly rattles his antlers some more to try and empty them of their grisly cargo.

THE ARMS OF THE OCEAN DELIVERED ME
image credits

HOG ALL THE SKYLARK THREADS. @Glasgow

Messages In This Thread
RE: because all suffering is sweet to me [bone gathering] - by Bartholomeo - 01-05-2017, 03:52 PM