the Rift

To Play <Abel and Nym>

Wanyecha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Wanyecha
"if ten million fireflies lit up the world as I fell asleep"

Tired of cold, the young mare had left the Foothills, again, to see if she could find someplace more warm to spend time. She was often cold, and she had heard that this was the place warmer than any other place in Helovia. She was dismayed to find it still very cold. She curses to herself and searches for some place to stay warm. It isn't often that Wanyecha is in a bad mood, but today she is frustrated. She had met very few of her herdmates, and the ones that she had met hardly treat her like she's of any importance at all. Just a silly little filly...

"Do you mind if I use you and your brothers for shelter?" she asks a few shrubs with snow piled up on them, providing an adequate shelter from the wind. She hated the wind most of all, the howling sound it made when it echoed through anything. She hated wind. Today, the wind was not strong, just a breeze, but it was still chilly and the young one shivered.

Perhaps she'd meet others out here in these fields.

Nym Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: 210gfok.png]

ABEL & NYM

Just me and my shadow.

Abel spotted the filly first. His eyes twinkling with curiosity and malicious intent whilst Nym watched him with concern. Ever since their horrific meeting with their mother he seemed to have unlocked a rather unsavoury side. Nym only wished that his twin would snap out of it soon or at least try to hide it better. The darker paint firmly took the lead like he always did, his face a strange mask of determination as he offered a smile in greeting to the unicorn filly who was around the same age as the twins. Abel stopped and picked a crop of grass as an after thought, taking it as a small gift to the girl in front of him.

"Why don't you have something to eat, ma'am" as Abel's voice trailed off Nym eyed his brother with suspicion. It was very rare indeed for the chestnut paint's twin to bother with the manners their father had taught them. Abel usually preferred to remain indifferent to most he met. Nym pushed his worried thoughts aside and happily went to greet the femme in his usual carefree style. "wow! You're a unicorn! Can I perhaps enquire after your name?" Nym was the soul of a gentleman, his suave manners and practical approach to life made him happy but often made others think him childish. His deferential manner towards his twin didn't help argue against the opinion either.

The pair of twins stood side by side now. Each having offered their own greeting now waiting on the response of the other yearling. A blue eye of Nym's watching his brother intently.

----
Nym talks
Abel talks

Lines: Tamme <33

Wanyecha Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Wanyecha
"if ten million fireflies lit up the world as I fell asleep"

They startle her, coming from nowhere as they do. One is clearly in the lead, the other following, two colts. They are the same colt, excepting different colors, the little mare frowns, two colts that are the same but different? She had never before encountered twins, and doesn't understand. Still, she watches them draw nearer her. They are her age, she would guess, or near it. The one offers her grass, which she sniffs hesitantly, declining to eat it...for they are strangers to her after all. Hesitation and suspicion aside, the young filly is curious of these strangers, as she enjoys meeting new horses indeed.

They both spoke kindly to her, and she sorted their voices with their bodies. Neither gave her a name, and so she resorted to calling them bright one and dark one. It is the bright one who gave her food, a chestnut and white creature who seems kindly enough. The dark one asks for her name.

"Wanyecha," she replies, dipping her head in greeting. His exclamation at her species makes her lift her horn happily, the creamy gold fixture glinting in the dying light of winter.

"Thank you for the grass," she adds, almost as an afterthought. Still, she does not take a bite, "What are you called?"