the Rift

[PRIVATE] building bridges [gathering/clearing]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
It was almost a searing pain in her stomach as she stood beside Nyx. The awkwardness burned and swished with each heartbeat as she waited to see how the silver Captain would react. Would she be willing to speak to her after what had occurred on the Endless Blue? Would she push her off and continue on? Regardless, Rexanna wasn’t one to try and leave sour tastes in anyone’s mouths. She tried to right the wrongs. And in this case, she wanted to apologize. So when Nyx said “of course”, Rexanna could feel the simmering displeasure in her stomach begin to vanish.

The silver mare offers Rexanna to follow her toward a location for clearing and gathering, and Rexanna quietly obliges. Her muscles protesting in her steps, but she persevered. They walked deeper into the woods of the Rotunda, a place where the gilded mare had battled once – where she met the son of the Reaper, and fought amid magic and pride. Oh, how different the times were then. And the deeper they went into the woods, she began to wonder if Nyx had chosen a particularly hidden place on purpose. Was she planning something horrible? Rexanna didn’t think the mare was the type – though she had been wrong about people before.

Marembo trailed behind the pregnant mare, hiding under bushes here and there, gathering little things of brush and dead branches on their way. Purposefully trying to avoid the lion, his blue gaze was ever watchful. And when they finally reached the place Nyx had chosen, Marembo decided to stray close to them just in case. The last time Rexanna was alone with someone who wasn’t fond of her during a pregnancy, didn’t go very well. He’d do the best in his ability to make sure his bonded would be alright.

Taking a deep breath, Rexanna angled her exotic striped face toward the silver mare’s, eyes attempting to seek out the gaze of the other. “I –” but it was cut off as Nyx offered her own apology. Her jaw snapped shut in surprise, blue eyes widening slightly and creasing with an even further hint of surprise. She was apologizing? Nevertheless, the gilded woman stayed quiet, allowing Nyx to say what she needed to get off her chest. Some of the things Nyx said, Rexanna wasn’t really surprised about. However, she could relate and she thought that it had a lot to do with the tension between the two of them. She offered the mare a gentle small smile in response, swishing her dual toned tail against her ankles for a brief moment before she replied.

I apologize too, Nyx.” She began, clearing her throat slightly. “Believe it or not, I can relate. Tembovu and I were going through a hard time and when he told me he wasn’t sure if your child was his, I wanted to picture you as some kind of monster. However, I realize now that it was wrong to have done so.” Her voice drew quiet as her gaze dropped. “I should have never said the things I said as well, and I just want you to know that I hold no hard feelings about any of it. I can understand how misconstrued things can get.” And it was true. Words from other’s lips had the tendency to provoke lies and falsehoods. At least the two of them could clear the air. “Truce?” She half joked, emitting a small light laugh to relieve some of the tension that settled in the air around them.

"Talk?"
rexanna
I know the world’s a broken bone.
But melt your headaches, call it home.

@Nyx so sorry it took so long ohmygod
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
building bridges [gathering/clearing] - by Nyx - 01-04-2017, 02:44 PM
RE: building bridges [gathering/clearing] - by Rexanna - 01-08-2017, 02:43 AM