the Rift

[PRIVATE] building bridges [gathering/clearing]

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

Her words are greeted with a smile, and that somewhat settles the silver mare's nerves. Anxiety is twisting in her stomach, knotting her gut and aching in her throat, but it bubbles down slightly as Rexanna does not appear inclined to answer with vitriol.

I apologize too, Nyx. The solider lifts her head, surprised, and her ears ram forwards with interest. She hadn't expected that, but it comes as a relief that the golden one doesn't seem the sort to hold a grudge. As a general rule, neither is Nyx, but she realises she's done precisely that by deciding she disliked Rexanna based on never having actually met the woman. In hindsight it seems so petty, so childish, but it had been damn near impossible for the silver to shake her iron-hard beliefs that women who tried to tame their men were automatically evil bunny-boilers. It will take time to shake that belief, but this is a start.

Rexanna continues, explaining that they had been going through a hard time. Guilt crawls in Nyx's stomach as she mentions the child that could have been Tembovu's, and she thinks of d'Arcy and Libertad with a note of sorrow in her eyes. Sometimes she wishes the elephant had been their father, because she knows he wouldn't have up and left as Deodat had. Perhaps the twins would have remained in Helovia for longer if their father had been around, and a king no less. It's all could have's, though, and the mare tries not to dwell.

"Truce," she replies gratefully, a warm smile encroaching on her worried features and immediately softening every line of her face. "Allow me to say, though, that you are a very lucky woman, Rexanna. It's clear for me to see that he loves you, and he is quite a remarkable man." Too good for me, the little voice in her head points out, but she tries to stifle it.

She glances around, scanning for bones to gather for Kisamoa. They might as well do it together now they're here. "Shall we search for bones for Kisamoa whilst we're here?" she questions. If the other mare agrees, Nyx begins to wander around, searching for the objects to gather up and take back. As she works, she looks over to the gold with kindness in her eyes. "Congratulations, by the way. It looks like your child is imminent - what do you think you'll have?" Her tone is conversational, although she can't help but feel a pang of jealousy - now Arakh and Esinakh have flown the nest, she's craving motherhood again, and knows what an exciting journey this mare is about to embark on.

@Rexanna eeek sorry for the wait

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
building bridges [gathering/clearing] - by Nyx - 01-04-2017, 02:44 PM
RE: building bridges [gathering/clearing] - by Nyx - 01-18-2017, 10:54 AM