the Rift

[JUDGED] Kill Your Darlings [Ru vs. Toulouse]

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
Toulouse
tinker tailor soldier sailor rich man poor man beggar man thief.

On the slab he lay fidgeting and furious at every noise and snap the forest spoke to him. Sunbathing was the sleuth’s favorite past time however, today he was almost completely restless. Today he felt stretched and thin, his muscles loose and gamey. Was it his lack of sport since the challenge with Raeden? Of course he had hunted though in these parts sinking your teeth into a grouse daily was not so physically challenging as wearing down a deer. Whatever the case, Toulouse refused to lay on that rock any longer.

It was with a great heave that the gelding pushed himself up onto his hocks, coat shaking off the dust and loose hair before he clambered down from the slab-like boulder that acted as a roof to his tiny, burrow-like outpost. It was his place in the Edge to specifically call home; his special spot on a southern hill where he could observe a vast area.  
Creeping down from said hill the serpent twisted his neck from side to side and hoped it might soothe the looseness in his vertebrae and rid his neck of the strange phantom feeling one got when you needed to crack a joint. The gelding’s next move to combat these natural yet annoying feelings was to stretch as low as possible. Similar to a dog Toulouse leaned back on his haunches and lowered his ribs as far as they could go to the earth below, forelegs outstretched and pinned firmly to the ground. It was as he craned his head upwards that a wide smile found its was to his usual less-than-pleased countenance, and finally the gentleman was half at peace.

This was when the cheer came. A spar! Sport! Just what he desired.
The gelding’s grin could only widen form here on as he trudged forwards, hooves striking the damp earth with confidence and urgency. Taking directions  purely from the resonance of her voice, Toulouse did not tarry one bit and was quick to arrive. He lingered not in the areas of the wood he might usually check for his allies or for gossip and instead wound his way straight to the area of the call.

A Pegasus, and a charming one at that. Cloaked in an unusual amount of feathers and magnificent wings; two pennons that he had no doubt she would use to her advantage. This mare was one who stood only a little shorter than he at a guess, and he could only imagine by her stance and build that she could be superior in strength or swiftness. It was however, a great assumption.

“I do love a bit of sport” Was his merry coo to the woman as he disrobed, removing his scarf - he really would hate for it to get damaged. Placing an eager fore-foot ahead of the others, Toulouse leaned backwards into his haunches as he thought about his first attack. A simple ramming approach might do the trick.
So it was with a great heave of his lungs and a snort of an exhale that the gelding leapt forwards off the power held within his hocks croup, bounding with a controlled and compact speed towards his opponent in an attempt to ram the pegasus with his great tendril of horns, his sights set upon a weak spot in her girth.

--------
1/3 - 550 words.
OH MY GOD FINALLY im so sorry i mucked about for so long getting to this thread but here i am ready to fight you ;) ps i love this film (kill your darlings)
summary; Toulou approaches and then attempts to ram Ru in a weak spot just behind the shoulder.

x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Messages In This Thread
Kill Your Darlings [Ru vs. Toulouse] - by Ru - 01-05-2017, 04:25 AM
RE: Kill Your Darlings [Ru vs. Toulouse] - by Toulouse - 01-18-2017, 02:28 PM