the Rift

[PRIVATE] clean up, clean up, everybody do your share [clearing]

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

V E S P E R
"Because even the stars they burn, some even fall to the earth"

I watched, without really seeing as Lyra leapt to action and buried the exposed fragment of bone.  My mind was absolutely racing but totally paralyzed at the same time.  As a result I just felt sort of stuck, overwhelmed with a feeling of dread and apprehension that I couldn’t even explain.  Deep down I was happy that someone understood, even if it was just a baby fox.  But my current state kept me from reaching out and brushing my nose against the little fox like I wanted.  Everly let out a mournful chirp in distress, unable to comprehend the overwhelming emotions, but unable to take the moment to look to Lucius for guidance in the moment. 

Time seemed to slow as I stared out upon the decay.  But finally Papa’s voice called me back. I released the breath I hadn’t even realized I was holding all in one big huff.  The fresh air that refilled my lungs seemed to unlock my frozen muscles.  Slowly I raised my eyes to look up at Papa - eyes incapable of masking anything. Deception was one thing that I had no skill in - I hadn’t had a reason to learn such a thing.  So every emotion I felt - relief, gratitude, lingering hesitation, love - shone brightly in endless pools of silver. I smiled, well as much as I felt like I could smile at the moment.  It was a pitiful effort, but I was still constructing the words.   “Thank you,” I whisper, leaning more of my weight into Papa’s warm, comforting side.  

My interest grows as he describes the shrines that exist in the healthy part of this land, the part that isn’t so foreboding. The idea of learning about the other Gods piques my interest and helps some of the fear melt away. ”Oh yes. I’d like that!” I say, eagerly, my excitement growing.  Maybe grandmama or one of the other Gods will know something of Virga, and of course it will be important to learn about them so I can find him one day.  I take a few steps in the direction that Papa indicated, finally feeling comfortable enough to leave his side before I freeze in my steps. 

“Do you think he’ll be mad, Papa? If we don’t bring him any bones?”  I still couldn’t shake that underlying fear of this God that wanted the bones of the fallen, even if his intentions seemed outwardly pure. 

image by oddmountain

@Mesec

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: clean up, clean up, everybody do your share [clearing] - by Vesper - 01-21-2017, 08:45 PM