the Rift

[PRIVATE] clean up, clean up, everybody do your share [clearing]

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

V E S P E R
"Because even the stars they burn, some even fall to the earth"

I trusted Papa implicitly, so when I looked to him for an answer about Kisamoa, the hesitation that had been lingering had all but evaporated. I may not trust the Sea-God’s intentions, but I certainly trusted Papa.  And as Papa explained why he thought that even though we hadn’t completed his task, Kisamoa wouldn’t be angry I held on to every word.  And I was inclined to believe Papa because, up to this point, Kisamoa had been nothing but kind and reasonable when he stood in front of everyone - including Grandmama. However, that still did little to shake off my hesitations about this task.  I just couldn’t. “Yes. You’re right,” I said with a nod, feeling my confidence slowly returning with each step further from the decay and closer to the Gods.

But it’s Papa’s next statement that catches my attention and lodges in my mind. My ears snap forward and I whirl around to face him - eyes wide with excitement. “Maybe we can ask the Earth God!” I trill, my excitement restored.  It only made sense - if Kisamoa claimed that the Earth God had sent him to do this task...that they should check with the Earth God himself!  Of course I had no idea that the Gods didn’t always appear to those who came to their shrines. At least not yet.  But the prospect of having someone to ask - some way to verify Kisamoa’s intent breathed new life into me. 

Inwardly, selfishly, I hoped the Gods could answer more of my questions too not just those I had about Kisamoa. Maybe the Gods could help Papa and me find Mama and Virga.  However I knew better than to expect that of them.  However it didn’t stop me from hoping.  That hope moved my legs more quickly, made my heart beat more quickly, and made me even more eager to leave this place behind and find the shrines of Helovia’s four patrons. 

image by oddmountain

@Mesec

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: clean up, clean up, everybody do your share [clearing] - by Vesper - 01-21-2017, 10:36 PM