the Rift

so i leave it up to you

Ghalia Posts: 2
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 4
Adoptable
She did it. They had done it.

The sun rose high after the moon relieved it's place amid the darkness of the world--their cover for her escape. She dared not even take a breath until the Oasis was beyond their line of sight, heart pounding in both elation and fear. She wanted it, she wanted to leave behind all that gave her nightmares but actually doing the act was different; if they were caught, if the hands of the Bidharr or wrath of the Shurta befell them, they would surly be sent to death. Not even she with her power and prowess could convince the Father to keep her alive. Yet they moved and with each step she became ever certain that they would make it.

She would be free.

The arms of Uumalah fell away from their sides, the dawn breaking into the sky to signal that they were successful. Darkness still clung to their world, and Tarek had gotten away from her at some point during their run; she didn't have enough time (the time that ticked and pushed and reminded her that she needed to go) to make sure that he was beside her every step. It had been with a heavy heart that he managed to convince her to leave, strangely, for all she had endured at the hands of the Father it was easy to assume she'd happily depart. But she was unsure of the future; at least there, amid the beds and finer things, she was guaranteed good fortune. She was treated well, relatively speaking. Really, though, she had just needed an excuse to part ways and Tarek offered her the perfect one: from start to finish, all she needed to do was run.

That, at least, was something she could commit to.

There wasn't a concept of time passing when one was being hunted; everything blurred together and she could never get enough distance between the 'there' and 'then.' The images of all she left behind flashed at her, and she snarled right back at them--if they wanted to put up a fight, she would bear her teeth. She might not have had much of a kick, but her bite could do plenty in its place. She would have smirked at that thought (remembering the various one-nighters that wandered into her quarters each night) if she weren't so preoccupied with getting out alive.

Leaves crunched loudly underfoot but she no longer cared about the noise that swam around her. She reached the depths of a forest, wings folded tight against a sweaty body from all the exertion she made. If she felt confident enough to fly perhaps that would have been the easier option, but she was sure to get herself caught if choosing that route. So she stuck to the safety of her legs, taking one last lingering glace behind her, satisfied with the place she was in then. Tarek had managed to loose her chains and with them her title of Mahzia slunk back into the night, carried by the stars that kissed them both goodbye.

Her good fortune wouldn't leave her quite yet, as the figure of the one she knew so well met her eyes ahead. She didn't slow until she pulled up alongside him. "Antazir lahzat." Her words ran together in a huff, and a laugh ripped between her ribs into the new day's air. She stood still for the first time since leaving her chambers, ocean tides caught in her chest whilst she regained breath. How he had gotten ahead of her she couldn't know, but glad to be beside him once again she pushed her nose into his mane and closed her eyes, noticing her weariness for the first time.

It was but moments before she nodded to Tarek and took off though, a walk too hurried to be for pleasure; she wouldn't stop until she was far from the reaches of Uumalah.

--antazir lahzat: wait a minute
credits

yayy open to all <33

Messages In This Thread
so i leave it up to you - by Tarek - 01-06-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: so i leave it up to you - by Ghalia - 01-06-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: so i leave it up to you - by Tarek - 01-12-2017, 08:41 PM
RE: so i leave it up to you - by Yael - 01-12-2017, 11:19 PM
RE: so i leave it up to you - by Ghalia - 01-13-2017, 12:55 AM
RE: so i leave it up to you - by Tarek - 01-22-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: so i leave it up to you - by Yael - 01-23-2017, 10:18 PM