the Rift

so i leave it up to you

Ghalia Posts: 2
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 4
Adoptable
To say she was scared would not quite match the true emotions reeling through her thin-framed body; she was, after all, the one everyone else feared. Yet even still if she had fallen into the wrong hands since betraying her city, there would be nothing she could do to save herself, much less Tarek. She owed her freedom to him, and in return she vowed however much of his safety she could grant. Her body and words would hold enough sway over any to ensure safe passage, at least.

But that thought alone could not settle their frayed nerves, Tarek even worse for ware than the golden beauty. He not only devised whatever scheme he put into motion to release her, but took down her guards and hand-maidens himself. Through their actions she had briefly wondered if he had been injured, but she had not the time to ask--she wouldn't know what to do even if he was. She was no healer. Yet finding him standing upright at the end of it all eased her worries on that account. Anything serious would have put him out, and she would have had to go off on her own to find help.
His slight bout of irritation at her words earned him a rueful smile, her eyes lit brightly from the inside out. She gave no response as he followed alongside her, then silent. She took in everything there was to see, finally given a moment to simply breathe and look. The nature was unlike anything in the Pleasure Oasis, the city of buildings and gold all fabricated whereas where they were then was... real.

They stopped at the break in the path they traveled. He spoke in her non-native tongue, but growing up in the arms of Uumalah did her well; she knew many languages that weren't her own thanks to the wide variety of nightly suitors. Tarek himself had taught her of the languages he knew, long nights spent not in a love-drunk stupor but studiously passing information of the outside world she could not see. Little did she know she would become grateful for the long hours of those teachings. She would find, with time, there would be next to none who spoke her home's dialect.
She remained quiet next to him, decidedly less disturbed than he at the problem posed before them. Her gradient tail flicked in slight irritation at the thing that stopped them, but before she could delve further into those thoughts the voice of someone else carried over to them. She flattened her ears and made to step in front of her partner, slight-muscled wings extending to block him from the intruder. Her initial fears went instantly to someone of Uumalah finding them; who know, amidst all the turmoil that followed her escape, if one actually had managed to find them.

Either way, at any rate, she could not be one to let her guard down until she understood the nature of the woman. "Tawaqquf. Daeuna 'ann yanzur sharat alkhass bik." The words rolled between her lips forcefully, each letter harboring its own distinction. If the other winged lady were truly after them, she would know the words spoken and knew to comply--but if not, then, perhaps she could be trusted.

--tawaqquf: halt
--daeuna 'ann yanzur sharat alkhass bik: let your badge be seen
credits

@tarek // @yael

Messages In This Thread
so i leave it up to you - by Tarek - 01-06-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: so i leave it up to you - by Ghalia - 01-06-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: so i leave it up to you - by Tarek - 01-12-2017, 08:41 PM
RE: so i leave it up to you - by Yael - 01-12-2017, 11:19 PM
RE: so i leave it up to you - by Ghalia - 01-13-2017, 12:55 AM
RE: so i leave it up to you - by Tarek - 01-22-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: so i leave it up to you - by Yael - 01-23-2017, 10:18 PM