the Rift

[PRIVATE] dear fellow traveller, under the moon

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre
and who cares if I'm coming back alive?
So what? At least I have the strength to fight.

The moon had already risen above the Halcyon Flats as the the sound of pitter pattering feet skittered across the beach, leaving small paw prints in the sand and a plume of many fuzzy tails trailing behind them. It was a duo of foxes, leading their plodding unicorn friend, who looked ready to doze off, into the seemingly never ending horizon as the ghostly moon reflected against the thin waters. The more Sacre gazed into the blurring distance the more his eyes wanted to glaze over, becoming dewy in the corners as his heavy lids threatened to fall shut, and give in to the sweet call of sleep. However, the gentle thud of hooves against sand became a sudden splash and water sprayed up from his cloven feet, that had slumped into the shallow waters, smacking his face with its cool droplets, his startled heart thudding loudly as his intense blue eyes widened.

For a moment he was silent, listening to his hammering heart as he took in deep breaths, it pounded some more before drifting back to its usual pace. Still, Sacre embraced the stillness, his feet now surrounded by the cool shallow water, until his lips curled into a humoured smile and he snorted. What was he doing here, falling asleep on a distant beach? 

Truthfully, he had gone out and done his usual, started looking for herbs, like a good healer should, before convincing himself to look for Roux also and here he was, far from home, dozing off. 

Reflecting in the water he could see a faint orange glow causing a frown to appear on his face before he remembered what it was and he grinned instead. The Sun God. Twisting, his forelock falling lop-sided over one ear, he tried to reach his tail to retrieve the glowing deity, but Ríona was much faster and plucked it from the knots, causing Sacre to wince, before she placed it on the sandy beach. Still stood in the water, Sacre stared across at the Godly figurine with a whimsical look, forlornly watching him glow next to the moonlight. 

"You would know, wouldn't you" he grumbled at the motionless figure, thinking of Roux, wishing it could talk back.
image credits

@Ranjiri <3

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Letha was home. She was safe with Dragomir, tucked away within the safety of the Hidden Falls, and I was out at the flats because Mara had a nearly insatiable urge to explore. I was reluctant to let her go out on her own because she had a knack for getting into trouble and the thought of losing her was more painful than even the memory of losing my father and Rhoa and Gaucho. I figured that if I was there she'd either be more careful or I'd be able to save her from any danger she happened upon (or caused).

It was the middle of the night by the time Mara was finally tuckered out enough that she agreed that it was time to go home. She ended up nestled on my back, fast asleep, while I made the trip back to the Falls. The night was silent and peaceful and I was tempted to find a place to settle in for the night, but I knew that Letha would be looking for me in the morning, as would Dragomir. So I pushed myself and kept going.

Until I heard a splash.

The sound roused Mara, who was an exceptionally light sleeper, and she lifted her head. I turned, looking to see if I could see anyone in the moonlight, and in the distance I could see a very faint orange glow. Mara spotted it, too, and before I could tell her not to she had leapt from my back and was running. "Mara!" I called after her. She didn't stop so I chased after her. The orange glow grew more and more clear and I could see the silhouette of another horse and two other little creatures...

"Sacre!" I called out in surprise when his form became clear. My pace slowed to a stop and I breathed a sigh of relief. "What are you doing out here?" A yip from Mara was all I needed to hear to know that she was already trying to goad Sacre's foxes into a game of tag.

"."

ooc:// so sorry for the wait!

Mara's form is a maned wolf
so let's dance like two shadows
     BURNING OUT OUR GLORY DAYS
image credits

@Sacre

aud pixel!

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre
and who cares if I'm coming back alive?
So what? At least I have the strength to fight.

Sacre the voice caught on his mismatched ears and, although it clearly came from a different direction, the fox-boy was still too focussed on the figurine to notice. "Oh look, he talks back" he said to the motionless Sun God, with mild surprise, his sleeping brain slowly catching on  "why does he sound like Ranjiri?" the cogs of his brain clunked together, gradually. His confusion lasted for a full half second before the rush of paws told him he was completely wrong. It was Ranjiri! Did she always have a maned wolf with her? He raised his head, a surprised happy smile spreading across his face instantly at the sight of her, the lord of sun and light forgotten in the sand. "Jiji!" he called back to her by nickname, fondly and familiar, glad to see her. 

Inari and Ríona didn't need much coaxing into a game with the wolf, the kitsune daring to strike first, flinging a playful clump of sand towards the dog before sprinting away with Inari, their little paws digging into the sand.

Meanwhile, Sacre regards Ranjiri, her question hanging in the air and the fox-boy quietly laughs, snorting at the figurine on the floor. "I was talking to God of Sun" he explained, feigning disappointment "but he doesn't seem very talkative this evening" chuckling, he shook his head in mock exasperation as if he'd been trying all evening and into the night. Smiling, he returned to try catch the Golden Shade's gaze, tilting his head innocently "I'm not going mad, I swear" wondering if that was more for himself than Ranjiri.

He considered her for a moment, thinking back to the last time they had met, when the Mountain met the Elephant in the Worlds Edge—the battle for the lost bag. She had been a Czarina then, but every time Sacre looked at her he could only see Ranjiri, his friend who he had the pleasure of running into from time to time. He wished their meetings would be longer or more frequent than they were. The Doctor turns his attention to her companion "who is this?" he asks, nodding to the wolf curiously, feeling certain that she hadn't been accompanied by her before.

"I don't remember you having a maned wolf friend" he laughed, was this her companion? Inari and Ríona were certainly enthused about another play mate in any case. 

"Are you well?" the last question was soft and caring, a healer through and through.

image credits

@Ranjiri jijiii! :D

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!