the Rift

Don't Save Her

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Lightning strikes every time she moves
She seemed absolutely shocked when I offered to take a chill pill and spend some effort on her, which didn’t surprise me once she ticked off all her previous experiences with a fight. All of two experienced, one of them including Tembo, which I knew from experience could end up getting hotter and more intense than you intended (Chico wasn’t here to turn that into an innuendo). I listened to her history, then paused for a second, chewing on my lip, wondering how to attack the challenge of teaching someone how to throw blows when the drive for it wasn’t something that came easily to them.

“Well, I mean,” I said finally, slowly chewing on the thought, “you can’t really use an instinct you ain’t got.” I shrugged, because, honestly, that would’ve been my first tactic to try. But clearly it hadn’t worked for her before, so something else had to give. “‘S not bad that you don’t have it, either. Don’t have to be like dumbasses like me who wanna get their ass kicked every once in awhile; you’re sane. You wanna preserve shit. So I guess that’s what I’m gonna start teaching you.” I nodded once, decided.

“So, first thing’s first, gotta know what actually happens in a fight, cuz it ain’t just a whole buncha bodies just…throwing themselves around, like you say. Or maybe it is, but that just mean those two fighters suck at the same time.” I started pacing--slowly, but I needed to do something while I spoke, because this was still gonna turn into a fight and my blood couldn’t help but anticipate that, “There are the most dangerous parts of a horse and the most vulnerable parts. Hooves, teeth, horns, wing-joints, and the point of a shoulder are things you gotta watch out for; your face and eyes, your stomach, the soft underparts of your neck--basically everything underneath are the most dangerous areas to have hit. Basically, in a fight, the end-goal is to use your danger parts to hit the weak points as many times as possible, or at least wear down the opponent any way possible to get them to stop, for the fight to end, and for you to keep standing. If you’re not gonna attack, then your next best option is to make sure they don’t hit your weak points in the first place. One way to do that is to dodge.

“Dodging is more than just jumping the fuck outta the way. When you avoid an attack, you gotta keep your awareness of where your opponent is, how they’re positioned, and what kind of advantage or disadvantage you’re givin’ yourself. If you jump blindly outta the way, you risk losing sight of your opponent, which leaves you open. But if you dodge good enough, you could place yourself in a place to actually fuck some shit up before they can react, you follow?”
I shook my head for a sec. “But we ain’t gonna get that technical yet. Right now, I just wanna run through some basic exercises with you on dodging--would you be cool with that?” I didn’t wanna jump into it super suddenly, and risk inducing the kind of panic that made the lesson moot.

--
Next post will be attack post unless Alysanne says otherwise!

0/3
0/1
W/C: 539
Chico
and Roskuld
image credits

@Alysanne

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Don't Save Her - by Roskuld - 01-09-2017, 11:21 PM
RE: Don't Save Her - by Alysanne - 01-20-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: Don't Save Her - by Roskuld - 01-21-2017, 01:30 PM