the Rift

i think my soul is inside out

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

i want to be wild, beautiful and free

“I’ll pass,” she says to the black mare who seems less than amused. This time, Syrena’s voice is flat, without any hint of humor. Her usual self, in truth. This mare, Azulee isn’t one for pleasantries. Which is fine. Syrena never has been either, hating the necessity of them daily. But she’s grown to be vaguely capable of remembering to introduce herself, to let the small talk roll on around her and to participate, at least a bit.

But yes, if you ask her, talking of trees is a waste of time. She’s not sorry when the electric mare doesn’t seem inclined to waste time either.

More come before Syrena has time to get another word in. The next one introduces himself as Sacre of the World’s Edge. She nods, but pays him no more mind than that. In truth, she doesn’t really care. She should, of course, but there’s already too many horses in this group for her liking (three’s a crowd, which had been her own damn fault, but now they were at four and just…no). He asks if he can help her somehow, pleasant and smiling to the mare that does not seem to be all that pleasant and smiling.

And then there’s another, calling the stallion from the Edge his herd mate, though not bothering with a name. She pays him no mind at all, his conversation being completely inane and figuring this was not the sort of group where she had to care about inane conversations. So she turns her attention to Azulee, her expression emotionless as always. It is not unkind, though nor is it kind. It simply is. A mask of indifference.

“I can answer questions, if you have any interest in the Falls. Or take you to see it. If you’ve no interest at all, I’ll leave you be.” With the remaining hoard of moths, drawn to their flame, she thinks, but at least Syrena wouldn’t have to stand here dealing with it if the electric mare couldn’t give two shits about the Falls. Which wouldn’t surprise her. Most didn’t.

syrena

just like the sea

@Azulee

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
i think my soul is inside out - by Azulee - 01-10-2017, 04:39 AM
RE: i think my soul is inside out - by Sikeax - 01-11-2017, 01:39 AM
RE: i think my soul is inside out - by Syrena - 01-11-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: i think my soul is inside out - by Azulee - 01-13-2017, 08:19 PM
RE: i think my soul is inside out - by Sacre - 01-14-2017, 01:58 PM