the Rift

[OPEN] Does This Place Give You Anxiety? (WELCOME)

Nitika Posts: 17
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 4 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Lizzy
For the majority of the journey, Nitika stayed pretty quiet, only offering one or two-word responded to any of Raeden's questions. On occasion, it was more than one or two words, but only when absolutely necessary. Other than that, she was silent as a newborn foal.

Truth be told, it wasn't just Nitika's natural way of being quiet that kept her muzzle shut. During the trip, she'd begun feeling a stinging pain in her ribcage, like a sharp rock was poking her in the side each time she moved her right leg. It didn't hurt her severely enough to dampen her walking pace, but it did hurt was the point. She worried that it might turn into something worse if she wasn't careful. So, if Raeden tried to pick up the pace, Nitika did her best to keep up, doing nothing more than a trot until even then she couldn't take it anymore. Then she'd just spout a lie that her legs were sore and hope Raeden bought it.

By the time the two mares and the stag finally reached their destination, Nitika's neck was lathered in sweat, for this journey had been just as taxing on her. A glance up told her the palomino was just as tired, if the sweat on her body didn't provide enough of a clue. Nitika suddenly felt a little guilty for making the mare take this journey, but then remember that she lived here anyway; she would've had to come back here sooner or later.

After the stag - Tin, she remember his name from their journey - raced off to find whoever Raeden knew could help, the palomino explained to Nitika the ins and out of the herd that lived here. Raeden then asked how Nitika was feeling.

"I'm fine. Sore, but alive and breathing, so that's something," the mare pointed out. Nitika wasn't trying to be sarcastic, sometimes her words just came out that way.

Raeden explained some more things about the herd land, including that a Ranked member - whatever that meant - had to approve of Nitika's residence, or at least allow her to stay the night. For some reason, the medicine hat mare was intrigued by this. If the horses here were so closely guarding their home and their herd, could it be a safer place then what she was used to? Or rather, what she remembered she was used to?

Maybe... maybe she could stay here... if the others seemed nice that is...

Raeden asked where she was from. Nitika shrugged again, hiding the sadness in her voice, "Like I mentioned before, I can't remember a lot, including where I came from it seems."

She didn't wish to say more; luckily, before Raeden could have the chance to ask anything else, Tin came racing back, a black mare who looked to be around Nitika's age, if not slightly older, in tow. Her hooves were a tan in color, which really off-set from her dark coat. Everything appeared normal, outside of the accents of teal across her mane and - wait a second, were those-?!

Nitika did a double take, blinking her eyes a few times to make sure she wasn't hallucinating. What she saw was indeed there, and not an illusion - the black mare had wings on her back! They appeared to have feathering like a birds, and looked soft, but how was Nitika to know? This was definitely something new to her - or was it? Had she ever met a winged horse before, where she came from? She honestly didn't know anymore, and she wasn't sure if she was more shocked by the winged mare or the fact that she somehow knew what this mare's species was called.

Pegasus...

An aura of friendliness radiated from the black mare, but Nitika remained on edge. Her brown eyes watched the mare carefully, seeing her give Raeden a nod before asking Nitika herself if anything hurt, after she introduced herself.

Nitika balked for a moment, unsure of what to say. Finally, when the gears in her brain started turning again, she offered a quick response, "My ribs... near my right elbow..." she tells her, motioning to the spot of pain with her white muzzle.

@Raeden @Lyanna

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does This Place Give You Anxiety? (WELCOME) - by Nitika - 01-15-2017, 11:48 PM