the Rift

[OPEN] The Mountain Smoked Beneath the Moon

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie
Glacia

Coming here brought back the best of memories. I trudged up the well known path, one I had traversed many times in my foal hood, my gaze finding particular markers. I reached the edge, overlooking the basin. Down below equine milled about like ants. I remembered that first time I had met my father. It had been here. Over looking the basin one night. I had been trying so desperately to reach home before my mother, and I completely failed, and got in very big trouble. But she didn't know that was how I had met him. Or that we had met at all. I remembered it clear as day, and one of the happiest, and saddest moments of my life. How was it he had managed to be there in such big turns of my life? Our first meeting, was one. My near death by drowning in the ocean, to my public meltdown at the discovery of pregnancy. To the birth of my sons, and the worst moments in my life. He was there when I was truly at my worst state, thinking of ending it all, and yet he was there to stop me. To give me my purpose, and to let me cry on him. Despite all this, I wasn't even sure I really knew him at all.

A deep sigh escaped my lips, and my blue eyes closed for a second before pushing onward. Past another outlook, remembering my chance meeting with that foolish colt Caenan. I thought he might fall to his death in the Basin below, honestly. But I moved away from the edge of the steppe, heading onto to the plains. Many days I had spent up here, searching for something, plants usually, or lonely adventures. Surprising I never ended up eaten by a wolf. Passing a cave I recall the meeting with my late sister, Sno. That had not ended very well at all. But the Lady Ophelia had been there to safely return me home. A soft laugh escapes my lips, thinking now how very foolish it was. Arguing. Why? Who knew. Jealousy, bitterness. I was the youngest. There wasn't supposed to be anymore after her. I certainly didn't think there where any before me. Childhood foolishness. And honestly, I wish I could take it back, and get to know her truly. Maybe that thought was foolish. Sno was tenacious, and temperamental. It was always meant to be this way.

I move on.

I finally have a choice to make. Looking out of the plains, I remember. Rhoa, in his beauty. His dark grace, and warm embers. I closed my eyes, remembering the feel of his feathers, his embrace. They open again, bright eyes holding in tears against the evening sky. Darkness. I needed to find shelter. Turning I head towards the deep snow and rocky alcoves. There would be shelter there for the night. I trudge through the deep snow, before long my legs cold enough to forget the sting, but yet I wasn't cold. My body moving kept things warm inside, and the bite of the chill at bay. Eventually I came to tracks. They where that of an equine species. Curiosity got the best of me, like it always had, and I followed. It didn't take long before I heard the shuffling of snow and a soft "Who are you?". I come closer, and the gentle wind blows, a scent catching my nostrils. In the little moonlight, I see a chimeric child, blue lacing between her colors... And strangely familiar. She was the voice. "I do believe his name is Sacre. If that smell is his, and I am correct of course." A smile lifts my features towards the youth. "I'm Glacia. Can I assist you with anything? It is dangerous out here, especially at night... And I heard those wolves. Maybe we should stick close together.." My gaze turns behind me, checking to make sure none where sneaking up behind. "Sacre? I do hope that is you, and my sense of smell hasn't broken."
"Talk."
@Sacre @Bathsheba

Sorry I had to pop in. I figure since horses have this excellent sense of smell, she would recognize Sacre <3

image | bckg

Messages In This Thread
The Mountain Smoked Beneath the Moon - by Sacre - 01-16-2017, 10:09 AM
RE: The Mountain Smoked Beneath the Moon - by Glacia - 01-19-2017, 03:09 AM