the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: The prettiest things

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia wasn't exactly sure about all of this. But, to her credit, she was  trying.

Ever since she joined the Edge, she'd made a marked effort to try and be more social and less weird. Well, she'd likely always be a little weird - removing her innate sociopathic tendencies was not really an easy task - but she could disguise herself well enough.

And for once in her life, she found herself wanting to fit in somewhere.

Her Father had fucked up royally, had missed Kaos and his arrival in Helovia, and had demolished her home as a repercussion. She had no where to go, and yet the Edge had taken her in. Tembovu and Alysanne, two leaders who had no reason to forget the sins of her past, had done just that.

And now here she was, swathed in the colours of an early sunset, waiting for someone named Toulouse. Hubris set on her back, playing with the folds of her red cloak as it stirred on a warm breeze. Isopia's wide golden eyes peered through the trees, seeing many come and go, but none stopping to address her.

None who were Toulouse.

Image Credits
Coded by Space!

@Toulouse

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

@Isopia

Radiant cool eyes shifted venomously over the growing crowd. He did love parties, though perhaps this one was a bore thus far. Thin lips twisted at every high-pitched giggle that erupted from the gathering, a sigh escaping his nares at every hearty belly laugh. At least they were having a lovely evening.
But he could not stand on the sidelines and observe forever.
Isopia.
Surely the Mountain that Knows was one to stick out from a crowd.
The scarf-donned gentleman traced his way lakeside in search of his partner having convinved himself to fully invest himself in the soiree and the secrets it might provide.

And soon the green beheld the gold; her eyes which were equally as ferocious were he first thing he found between the trees, soon noting her peculiar jaw markings and intricate clothing. A smile writhed its way onto his lips, the kind that his eyes ignored, and he approached.
"The Mountain that Knows" was the serpents hiss as he slunk in front of her, opalescent eyes flicking from her eartips to hooves. "my my, the stories to not do you justice"
"You may be happy to know that the Specter who thieved your dear herd-brother's bags has been replaced" The gelding announced to her with the slightest of smirks, raising his head and puffing his chest with pride.

art: © x coding: © x

NOOT NOOT HI HI i was away for a few days but back now and rl excited <3
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

That he calls her by her title, rather than her name, sets them off on a good start.

The gelding is tall, but she is taller. He, like her, carries his height well. They are both leggy and proportionate creatures, though it's clear that he takes far better care of his body than she; his mane is a flowing cascade of curls, and there seems to be not an ounce of dust on him. Her cloak and pauldron were given to her by a God, and yet his scarf appears much more luxurious. "Toulouse, I assume?"

He follows up his compliment (?) with a comment about her recent challenge, and the demi-goddess is immediately relieved. He has a way with words, this one; an ability to keep the conversation flowing, and she finds herself listening with interest. "Really? I had thought Alysanne had made her position quite clear in that regard; she didn't seem to want to punish her sleuths for doing their jobs." Just because she and Aly had patched things up, did not mean that Isopia didn't still think she was wrong.

Image Credits
Coded by Space!

@Toulouse

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

@Isopia

The Mountain's puzzled queries in response only caused a short-lived cackle to fall from the serpent's tongue, a piece of his gaze catching her own once more. "Oh darling, no no no" he cooed "Alysanne would never hang one of her cheerleaders. I took matters into my own hands and challenged for the rank"
It was quite clear that the pale palomino was still ever so proud of himself, yet the fact that his herd still doubted him was a worry. For so long they semed to have trusted in dictators and chess players - apparent leaders who watched minions from afar. Not under his watch; A guild they would become.
"You did not come here to chat about politics though. This night is about pleasure, not business.
But do indulge me - tell me truthfully, why have you come?"

Toulouse spoke in the most daring of voices, his wicked eyes as enchanting as a snakes could be. Perhaps he wished to hear her admit loneliness or the need for companionship - or perhaps it was something more biological she sought. Either way, he doubted anything would come from a sober czarina (even were she a recently de-throned one at that) and so he turned his tail and motioned towards the lake. "Also, I do believe there is a lily pad out there filled with fine fermented apples with your name on it"

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

Being who she is, Isopia would have happily followed up on his comment. His insinuation about Alysanne, but referring to Raeden as one of her cheerleaders, and the fact that he challenged Raeden for her rank? He'd been successful then, given his prior comment ... was he also trying to imply that she owed him some sort of debt? That he'd ridded the Edge of the one whose actions had caused her so much grief?

But the curly-maned gelding seemed to snatch away her ability to probe into these matters, as he eloquently directed the conversation back to her, and her reasons for being here.

Which was a much harder thing to answer.

"Well..." She began, mentally reminding herself that she was meant to be making a distinct effort to be more social, and less of a know-it-all twat. "If left to my own devices, I don't...go out of my way to eng-" Engage with others, is she she was going to say. But what a horribly pretentious way of putting it? Isopia took a breath and tried again. "I don't get out much. I thought this might help."

And then, because she had no idea what to do or say next, she readily followed Toulouse's instructions. Although instead of wading into the water, she conjured two otters made of pure liquid, that danced and darted towards the lily-pad, dragging it back to the shoreline. Having never had alcohol before, Isopia dipped her nose and scented the fermented apples and they smelled just as she thought they would. Rotten. But, still in the mind-set of making an effort, she opened her mouth and took one in.

Isopia was massive, and so it would take more than just one or two apples to completely annihilate her sobriety, but given her non-existent tolerance, the process would likely go quite quickly. "Here-" She said, offering the apples to him as well. "It was your idea after all."

"Why have you come?" Isopia asked, as she plucked another apple off of the pad.

Image Credits
Coded by Space!

@Toulouse

@Isopia

It wasn't as if she needed to finish her sentence for the snake to understand the point she wished to illustrate - she was as antisocial as they came this one, and as awkward as a young goose. Not all were born with the great grace and air that a doe such as Manon had, and there were a great many stags who didn't posess that certain charm one ought to. All had their strengths, and for what Isopia lacked in social skills she surely made up for in fighting or so the specter had herd.
"Social events are a rare gem in our grump-infested country. Everyone is far too serious." The gelding began, a great smile twitching against his lips. "I am glad you could accept my invitation though"

Toulouse had not really thought about who the invitations went to, and there were so many nameless faces present that he was certain the invitations had been spread by a vast number of the recipients. Why not make Isopia feel special though? He could tell her he'd sent her an invitation especially could he not? Besides, there would be no harm in telling her he was one of the hosts of this soiree.
The gelding took the apple that was offered, crushing it between his teeth and swallowing it down his throat. He allowed his eyes to seek hers, eyelashes shielding his gaze ever so slightly. With a slight grunt, eyes widening at the ferocity of the alcohol, Toulouse began to answer her questions. "I came because I am your host, dear Mountain - Lady Manon and I. How rude it would be if I did not show up to my own party"

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

Isopia's eyed widened slightly. He was the one who had orchestrated all of this? Just the thought of the planning and preparation that went into arranging all of this made her head spin slightly (or was that the apples?). She had a hard enough time just showing up to this, but to have birthed the idea into reality? She could not imagine.

"But why? What is it that you hope to achieve by having concocted this gathering?" She realized her speech was becoming slightly more academic (and a little slurred if she was being honest), but she was far too curious to curate her words just now.

Her mind was wondering if the pairings were random, and, if not, how they had been selected. Was there some strategy behind the pairings Toulouse (and this Manon) had set-up? Some motive that the arrangements of different personalities together was meant to help achieve?

And if so, why were she and Toulouse together? From what she could tell, they couldn't be more different.

Image Credits
Coded by Space!