the Rift

I Dont Wanna Fight Alone Anymore

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

Perhaps she shouldn’t be as trusting, as kind, as she is, knowing full well how monstrous the world can be. But still, she is. Still, she sees the good in others, believes them innocent until proven guilty. The world doesn’t work in reverse to her. She doesn’t learn to trust someone, doesn’t learn to care for someone. She waits till she’s proven wrong. Perhaps it explains why her heart is broken so easily, so often. She’s grown use to the weight of a broken heart, grown used to feeling lost and alone in this place. Despite having friends, despite having a home, despite all the things she does have here.

Somehow, none of it really feels like hers. But she keeps trying anyway. She keeps smiling anyway.

It’s been some time since she’s been in the Threshold. But it’s hard to sing her praises of the Edge when it stabs like knives. But the Edge is wonderful. The members of the Edge are wonderful. She just hopes for too much, perhaps. But if asked to list her friends, they were all herdmates. They mattered to her. Gawen and Raeden and Alysanne and Glasgow. Glass, who no longer was a herdmate but had been. It didn’t change their friendship, it just made Lyanna’s heart grow heavier.

Too much loss for one so young. No wonder she does not act her age.

Today, she’s feeling okay though. Birdsong always lifts her spirits, and she takes to the sky, letting the wind sooth her aching soul. It always does, this combination of sunshine and pleasant breezes. Brings her back to herself somehow, lets her be free. Free of what, she isn’t sure. Just simply free.

She lands outside the Threshold, feeling ready to meet new faces, to start today fresh. The trees here are familiar to her, and she winds her way through them easily, enjoying the peace that the Threshold usually offers. Most forests are peaceful though, at least to her. They remind her of the few good memories she has left of the life she was forced to leave. Eventually, she catches sight of a black and white stallion through the trees.

He blends well, and she almost misses him, but those stark white wings are almost angelic, and those she cannot miss. Not unlike the teal that tips her wings and mane, making her rather easy to find as well. She lets out a friendly nicker in greeting, not wanting to startle him, though quite possibly he’s well aware of her presence. Still, the nicker is polite, and she is nothing if not polite.

“Hello,” she says, coming through the remaining trees that separate them. “I’m Lyanna, from the World’s Edge. Are you new here?” Instinctively, she looks him over briefly, noting the scars but finding no signs of newer injuries. Not outwardly, anyway. She does it without thinking, truthfully, settling in to her role as Moon Doctor if nothing else. Though if previous experience has taught her anything, many come here broken and battered and bruised, and she’s particularly watchful here. Everyone is running from something.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Carlisle

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
I Dont Wanna Fight Alone Anymore - by Carlisle - 01-17-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: I Dont Wanna Fight Alone Anymore - by Lyanna - 01-17-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: I Dont Wanna Fight Alone Anymore - by Lyanna - 01-19-2017, 10:08 AM