the Rift

Kick Back

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Never looking back or too far in front of me
The Present is a gift, and I just wanna Be
A slight tinge to the air was settling itself, a kiss of warmth that gently wafted in the breeze, a promise of summer descending on us quite soon. It was broken by a cool shadow flying above, and I squinted into the sky at the approaching warrior I’d called to action.

Should fly, I heard Chico say, and he came up from the fringes with a rabbit carcass hanging from his jaw, the fringes of his pale mane sticky and rus-colored with dried blood. He settled down on a stomach that was engorged and fat, smacking meat and bone between his teeth and watching me with heavily lidded eyes. Y’know, usual Saturday shit; he would probably be taking a nap soon. Should fly, he said again, catching me watch my soldier dance in the breeze, cuz Chico’s a lil shit head and he won’t let me drop a promise that I’d made him anyway, regardless of if I were busy or not. I pinned my ears at him, aiming a kick in his direction that did nothing but make him scoff and fart a little and go back to his lazy meal.

Anyway, the warrior landed, and she made noises at me that probably meant a greeting but still didn’t count as speech. I tossed a nod at her, giving my own greeting “‘Sup?” And then that’s when the awkward started.

Cuz I was gonna fight her. I wanted to fight her. I gave her a quick up-down with my gaze, noting again how...thick? Dense? That’s a better word--noting how dense she was, padded and built like a shit-brick house, someone who looked like they fought and itched to fight almost as much as I did. And her work ethic was proven time and time again, and I wondered sometimes why Tembo hadn’t handed her rank, and whether or not that was my call to make. I still had a Captain...somewhere...but I’d feel better if someone else official could run around where I couldn’t, and in the air no-less. (Maybe if ever fly…) (Shut UP Cheek)

But she still wouldn't talk--even now, when we were standing face-to-face--and it was driving me batshit and I didn’t know how to handle it. Like, usually in this situation I’d just avoid the person entirely, but I ain’t in a position to do that no more (not like I wanted to ignore her anyway, she interested me). But I was also in a position of responsibility, so I couldn’t just...just spew whatever I wanted at her willy nilly, like an idiot. But I was also uncomfortably aware of my position over her, and my ability to demand things, which bothered the shit out of me and even though I knew I could pull her name out of her lips with a command, I really, really didn’t want to. Not at this point.

“Uhh…” I stammered, losing the thread of my commanding presence; my “General” mask was slipping, and I was quickly resuming my role as village idiot as I tried to find a tactful way of showing my ignorance. I still wasn’t sure if her silence was due to beef, and I wasn’t trying to instigate. “How...uh...how’re these daaays? Smooth.

Wow.

Fantastic.

Got goosebumps.

--
@Ru

WC:540
0/3
0/1

"In ornare vitae leo eu volutpat."  
image credits

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread