[OPEN] The Dragon's Heart

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu

SPARKS WILL FLY, THEY IGNITE OUR BONES
WHEN THEY STRIKE, WE LIGHT UP THE
WORLD

Saoirse's equally eager response grants Iskra a massive grin, and is perhaps the distracting moment that cause him to crash (doubtful).

Lopsided on the ground, Iskra grunts and moans, but he's laughed too, especially when Saoirse comes over to investigate. After a fit of giggles, Iskra fops over t stand, shaking sand out of his ears. "I'm okay he reassures!" his grin still broad on his features, though he seems to notice the pile of sand suddenly in his mouth. Scrunching up with disgust Iskra exaggeratedly starts to spit it out, even rubbing his mouth along his legs and wings to brush it off. Just then his mother's voice strikes him, and he freezes, tongue hung out of his mouth comically.

As he lifts his head to meet her gaze, he rolls it back in, teeth clicking together with the force of his mouth closing. He nods slowly at her, getting to his feet as she turns her attention to the stallion. Once on his feet Iskra shakes himself completely off, though his mane still looks like hell. "I was flyin'" he whispers to Saoirse, answering his earlier query. "I jus started learning, but not bad eh? You'll be big enough to learn soon too!"

The conversation takes a shift though, and Iskra is aware of a rising tension in his mother. Her features are taut, and she parrots a name he's unfamiliar with, the same one the stallion said. Saoirse jumps in then, and Iskra's gaze diverts to his friend, softening with the easy nature of the fellow colt, despite the troubling news her so cheerily shared. Iskra's ears fall back with concern, and Ampere seems equally affected, her voice tight, but in the way that meant she cared.

Was this why Saoirse had left when Matty and Arakh and he started talking about dads and moms? Now Iskra feels really bad - he's dealt with a vacant mom his whole life so far, but she's never gone missing. If he couldn't find her at first, she'd always be around eventually, something that if anything fostered some independence.
"We'll find your mum," Iskra promises, leaning in close to offer the comfort of his shoulder against Saoirse.
I S K R A

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
The Dragon's Heart - by Saoirse - 01-22-2017, 02:14 AM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Albrecht - 02-07-2017, 08:31 AM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Saoirse - 02-17-2017, 04:30 PM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Ampere - 02-25-2017, 07:21 PM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Iskra - 02-25-2017, 07:34 PM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Albrecht - 03-12-2017, 07:20 AM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Saoirse - 03-16-2017, 04:41 PM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Ampere - 03-18-2017, 07:29 PM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Iskra - 03-18-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Volterra - 03-21-2017, 03:47 PM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Albrecht - 04-13-2017, 08:13 AM