Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu
Iskra
Let it go, just let it be, you be you, and I'll be me
What was happening???????
What was happening?!?!?!
WHAT!?!

Iskra, proud as could be, cleaned and cleared the beach, then collected and compiled the bones for Kisamoa. He'd done so alongside his friends, his herd mates, his kin, reveling in the opportunity to help, to serve, to contribute. That this became the outcome of all his and the others' efforts was like a kick in the gut. Iskra, doubled over and winded, could only gape at the unfolding tragedy. His heart felt utterly wrenched, and though he had cried before that feeling is not the one that swept over him. Something hot filled the fissures in his chest, something that grew and gnawed inside of him, full of violence and promise.

Iskra felt fury.

"KISAMOA HOW COULD YOU!?" his tiny lungs trumpeted, every feather on his body bristling on end. "WE TRUSTED YOU! WE HELPED YOU!" The more the spoke the less power he felt. His words, just confirming the damnable reality, started to twist inside his throat. How did they not see? How did they not know? How did the gods, and the kings and queens not stop this cretin? How had his mother let this happen? Weren't they supposed to know things!

"You don't have to do this," he was pleading, standing stock still on the sidelines, his legs as stiff as stone and rooted into the soil with a fear he was pretending didn't exist.

Iskra would always remember this moment. His first betrayal.
Holding onto something we don't need
All this delusion in our heads
Is gonna bring us to our knees
image | code

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely - by Iskra - 01-22-2017, 03:17 PM