the Rift

[OPEN] SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

The sunbeam boy was too naive and full of youthful knowledge to be properly afraid of the bone monster and of Kaos. He'd heard stories of the riftian wars of course, and though he'd listened astutely during his lessons at the Dragon's Throat, the fear of the Gods had not yet been distilled into his blood. How could he be afraid, when the light of his Father, Gaucho the Wildfire, followed him everywhere?

"Mother?" He said, his voice unusually questioning and hesitant as he looked towards Aithniel. As usual though, she had eyes only for duty and justice. Her hardened silver gaze moved to their gladiator as she seemingly made her mind up about something. So instead, Thèo shifted his gaze into the crowd, wondering if he would see Luther there. He didn't at least he didn't think so, and nor did he see any of the other foals he'd recently met. Swallowing hard, the sunlight boy turned his eyes back to the monster and the mare who was currently in its jaws.

"Hey!" He cried indignantly, but offered no other support. He'd already seen fire rain down upon the creature with no effect, and so the boy was confident that his magic would be useless as well. Frowning, Thèo stood, not being able to stay quite still but trying his best.

Surely there was something he could do to help?

Then, his pale green eyes fell upon Iskra, and things seemed to open up inside of himself. "Iskra!" He cried, bounding to his friend's side with a happy lop-sided smile that seemed far more tentative than it ever had before. The look on his face was clearly one of confusion, a boyish I-don't-know-what-to-do, coupled with relief of not being alone.

mathèo
I've been sleepwalking, been wandering all night
Trying to take what's lost and broke and make it right
I've been sleepwalking too close to the fire,
but it's the only place that I can hold you tight
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely - by Mathèo - 01-22-2017, 03:18 PM