the Rift

[OPEN] SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

It was a one-two gutpunch.

A tail swiped at me, and I was able to dodge it easily--from within I was able to find the spark stream and zpsnk! out of the way of the flailing appendage. But when I came back to earth, some yards away from where I’d been charging, my whole body screamed with pain, a sudden, gut-wrenching blow to my whole right side, and I screamed from the bowls of my body because--

--because Chico couldn’t teleport with me--

--and he had been right there with me in the charge--

--so the tail found a mark anyway.

I didn’t see the actual impact, even though it was all I could feel--but I watched as Chico’s grey body flew through the air, spinning uncontrollably even though his wings were flapping mightily in an attempt to right himself. He landed some ways off, and even though my whole body throbbed with his I still ran after him. I still collapsed on top of him, and then I felt the blast of even more pain as something broken gave under my weight.

Chico Chico Chico Chico Chico Chico-- I sobbed over and over in my head, the tears of wrath already springing over my cheeks. He wasn’t dead--his life glowed to brightly in my head for me to think that--but there was a waver in his presence, a wail in his throat he fought hard against. Ouch, he said in our mental link, trying and failing for some lame-ass humor, cuz I was worried sick and this shit wasn’t funny but at least I knew he’d be okay.

That was the only relief I was gonna get; I looked up, just in time to see Nyx being grabbed by the monster’s hungry jaws. “NO!” I shouted, but it was too late, like always, and all I could do was nurse my injured companion while seeing the fruits of my failure as--everything.

A demigod.

A companion.

A General.

A friend.

Jeez.

"talk"

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely - by Roskuld - 01-22-2017, 03:30 PM