the Rift

[OPEN] SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
volterra
As Erebos addresses him, the leviathan turns, his face crumpled with concern. "Honestly?" he says, his voice as gruff as ever but garlanded with something new - worry. "I have no idea. I've fought monstrous things in my time, but this thing has me beat." To admit this aloud is a kick in the balls for him, because Volterra never admits defeat. This is different, though. This is an animal that none can be expected to defeat, not without considerable loss of life.

Everything explodes suddenly; some attack the creature and it responds brutally, sending the most crushing message possible as it almost rips a mare in two. As her children run to her, the stallion breathes a deep, painful breath, his jaw clenched and his hooves pawing the ground. "Shit," he hisses. This is what they're dealing with - a creature with no morals, and seemingly no weaknesses. It repels everything, from explosions to swords, without even a mark on it.

Aithniel slides into place next to him and the leviathan spares her a nod, although his attention cannot be torn from the dying mare and her children. Then comes Tyrath in his dragon form, and the sight of the mare's offspring makes the stallion subconsciously reach out to his son, needing to touch him and gain comfort from his hard scales. He's grown so fast, obviously taking after his godly grandfather, and Volterra is so damn proud of him as he speaks. That's my son, he thinks, and his heart swells.

What shall we do? He takes comfort from the fact others are asking them that; it is a mirror to his abilities and the reputation he is building for himself. They look to him for guidance, but for the first time Volterra fears he will come up short. He has fought and conquered dozens, but never something like this. Ampere comes too, and her message is clear; fight, band together and take the thing down. She suggests trying different elements and the stag finds himself nodding. "You are right. Remember the diseases that the Rift Gods brought with them? They were each cured by a different type of magic. To my eyes, this creature is nothing more than a disease, and finding the key to its elemental weakness may just be our way to defeat it." His words are strong, booming out over the meeting; his fear has gone to be replaced by determination, because they have a plan now. They can do this. They will do this.

Aithniel answers by launching a fireball, but they've already established that fire doesn't work - that can't be the answer. "I have earth magic, you have spark, Ampere. We've tried fire, that doesn't seem to work - we need water, dark, wind, light, time." He reels the magic off as though on a list, his voice growing progressively louder and more earthquake-like. "If you have those powers, now is the time to use them!" The Indomitable releases a savage war cry and summons his earth magic, erupting a spike from the ground underneath one of the creature's feet to try and pierce right through it. Attacking from a distance like Aithniel suggested should allow them to test the beast out whilst staying out of range of its killing jaws. "It must have a weakness. Everything has a weakness." His voice rises excitedly as he commands the earth itself to attack the creature.

I NEVER FEAR DEATH OR DYING, I ONLY FEAR NEVER TRYING
I AM WHATEVER I AM, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME NOW

image | coding

@Erebos @Tyrath @Aithniel @Ampere

Vol is suggesting using different magic types on the creature! He's used his Earth magic on the creature's foot.

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely - by Volterra - 01-22-2017, 04:07 PM