the Rift

[OPEN] SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely

Patrick Posts: 31
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.0 (wfg) :: 6 months
LovellaTorendo
Patrick

When given a task that just happened to included gathering Patrick applied himself with zeal. The help offered by family and family friends alike only bolstered his enthusiasm for the task despite his apparent dislike for touching bones. After they'd sorted the issue of his little sled and done some picking up as a team the colt headed out on his own still hauling the sled and hunting for more bones. Of course his contraption wasn't exactly well made and certainly didn't have any magical reinforcement. So after only a few trips back and forth to the bone deposit spot it began to come apart. This frustrated the boy but by this point he was clearly growing tired and in the end he gave up on forcing the pieces back together. Instead he wandered off to take a nap, a nap that turned in to a full night's sleep.

When he awoke he was more than a little bleary-eyed and somewhat disoriented. Rather than continuing on with the clearing up crew he headed east presumably intending to turn south at the first familiar trail. This plan went awry and landed him in a "nest" of spiders but there is no need to rehash all that here. Once free of the deep forest again he'd reversed his course and returned to the Ancient Rotunda rather than going on home. A decision that may just turn out to be very unfortunate...

Now he is standing not far from where the bones had all been dropped off gazing out over a land that was once only blackness and is now a sea of lush marsh grasses with a shining alter rising from it's midst. This scene is peaceful and at the same time not. Soon enough the peace is broken by the hideous growls of a bone beast that bursts forth from the very earth. Patrick's neutral gaze turns sullen, then wary, then just slightly frightened. His ears flatten to his skull as he peers out over the crowd of adults that has so quickly gathered.

Loud, smelly... no good. This place was supposed to be good and clean and fixed but it is not. I know some of those gathering beneath the eyeless glare of the beast. Well, I have seen them upon the sands of my home anyway. At first I try to take a step towards them because I feel it is what Pop would want of me, to stand with my herd who are supposed to be as much family as those that share my blood. I find my hooves rooted to the spot...

How something with no eyes can even glare I don't know but it is glaring and smiling at the same time. It think it might be that conflicting combination that frightens me the most. This is the first strange beast I have faced that I have truly feared... aside from, well never mind him. Taking advantage of that wall of adults I begin to turn away.

For a short time after the eruption and sudden mad rush of berserkers intent on countering it the small boy stood frozen and shaking. Maybe something managed to brake his gaze away or maybe the shouted orders of the angry adults simply got his attention. For whatever reason he comes to his senses suddenly and is turning away from the madness, probably intending to flee when his eyes settle on a thin white form smaller than his own and splashed across the face with watery color. This sight freezes him again but for a moment only. No longer shivering or shaking he does at last move forward toward the crowd."Ko!!!"

His voice, even as loud as he can make it, is surely lost in all the noise. He weaves and jumps, pushes and shoves, slips and slides through the press of bigger forms. His own body will be the worse for this ware later, likely bruised in many places. The effort proves worth while though, he reaches his sister just as a golden winged mare arrives and attempts to push her away. A quick nod of thanks is given to the mare before he slides up next to the girl moving as close as she will allow.

"This bad, we go. Come, stay together."

With that he starts turning back again clearly hoping that she will keep going along with him.

such big eyes you have
Image Credit || TABLE BY SEVIN

@Kolr & @Yael interacted with

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely - by Patrick - 01-22-2017, 11:55 PM