the Rift

[OPEN] SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

It’s always something, isn’t it?

A boy just wants to mourn his dad in peace, and Gods come bothering him for favors, that wind up being giant ruses, to make monolithic monsters out of bones. Duir and I both stare at it from our place at the back, mouths wide, and eyes unblinking, mostly impressed by the sheer horror of the thing. While I haven’t a fucking clue who Kisamoa, or Kaos, or whatever the hell his name is, actually is, this gives me a good inkling.

No wonder the Moon Goddess had come and flexed her lady muscles. The two of them were like two sides of the same coin, if Death could be split into two genders, and roles. The Moon was svelte refinement, the quiet stillness of death found after a full life, or an illness properly managed, and mourned with those you loved, while Kaos was the violent strike of war’s hammer, obliterating all in its path with merciless sweeps, or the swarm of plague, leaving corpses in its wake.

Probably hard for the Lady Night to decide whether she wanted to kiss the foul God or strike him dead, with so many dissonant similarities.

The shouting starts before long, and the violence. The first and last time I’d come across anything similar, the slaying of the Rift Gods, I’d leapt into the charge without a second thought, following the call of my God to the challenge. The Time God is not here, though, and the woman the bone monster strikes aside first is no one I know. Sure, I know Volterra, charging in like an utter buffoon, and Erebos, hesitantly joining the battle, also, and I definitely know the firebrand of a hybrid, shouting out her orders, as fearless as she has always been…

But the splinters in my heart are hard, and cold. I don’t give a shit that there is some new God waltzing about Helovia, so long as the Time God doesn’t show up and tell us he wants it gone. The passionate fires that should burst to life at the sight of my friends and family in a foray against such an enemy are culled before they can even become embers, and instead, I watch their futile charge from my safe distance, merely flinching when my once inseparable sister is cast aside by the monstrous creation in its wild charge.

Help! Duir pleads, watching it all with horror, they need help!

Yeah, we all do. I need help, you need help, every fucking body needs help. You heard Erebos, I tell him, everyone wants something. I don’t have a lot left to give, but my life, and to be honest, I’m not sure I’m willing to lose it fighting a God who’d pledged to help Helovia. Sure, he’d also helped himself, but what moron wouldn’t?

The Earth God?

He hadn’t a damn thing left now, though, did he?

[ Summary: Rikyn stands uselessly by and watches the mayhem unfold with vast amounts of depression and self pity. ]

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely - by Rikyn - 01-23-2017, 10:08 AM