the Rift

[OPEN] SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

EVEN THE STARS THEY BURN, SOME EVEN FALL TO THE EARTH.

The Earth God had not come when we had gone to his shrine with questions about Kisamoa. Now I understood why.  He was here, and he was angry.   The sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach had intensified as we grew closer to the marshes that Kisamoa had ordered to be cleansed of bones and filth.  My skin crawled as if insects had taken up residence beneath my skin. Kaos certainly proved to be appropriately named, for here stood the harbinger of chaos. That’s the only word I had to describe the scene - magic exploded against reanimated bones, bodies sent flying, the smell of blood heavy in the air - chaos. 

Now I was happy that I hadn’t rounded up any bones for this...this monster.  

I tried to stay in step with Papa as we came upon the strange tower amongst the bones, but Papa had other ideas.  He quickly transformed into his warg and ordered me to stay in a voice that told me not to question him.  I understood why - he was protecting me.  But at the same time, Papa was all I had left.  I couldn’t just...abandon him.  

So I stood frozen on the outskirts, too afraid to enter the fray but too afraid to leave. 

Many shouted at the monster.  Others tried to fight with force or with magic.  Watching the monster bat them away like playthings sent a wave of cold to my very soul.  Bones.  Blood.  Death.  And the only thing my mind could conjure was a question. 

Why? 

I didn’t understand.  I couldn’t.  I just knew that I was afraid.  And for the first time there was a new emotion that burned hot in my gut.  Anger.  Fury even. Never in my life had I felt such a thing before, but it flashed hot in my veins like fire and smoldered somewhere deep within. 

“Papa,” I breathed, though I knew he couldn’t hear me.  I doubted anyone could.  But then I remembered the last time I’d seen Kisamoa Kaos.  On the beach.  With Grandmama.  And how her power had transformed the entire beach and his waned in comparison.  I sucked in a breath at the realization.  I looked over my shoulder back towards the shrines we’d only just been standing before.   “Grandmama,” I breathed, wondering if perhaps the Moon would help turn the tables in this fight.   

-- V E S P E R --
image credit

Mentions @Mesec

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely - by Vesper - 01-24-2017, 10:53 PM