Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3HH :: Four
Daisy
L
A
I
R
E

The young mare was thankful she did not have to wait long- being alone had quickly grown tedious, and she was very relieved to be over it. Her small, neat ears twitched back and forth as she tried to discover where her new friend was coming from. Her violet eyes narrowed in on the subject, her shrill call turning to a welcoming rumble. She liked making it clear how she was feeling. "Hello there! Her soft voice carried to the mare just as she stopped to stand in front of her, giving Laire the opportunity to give her the once over.

She was very tall. Most horses were tall to the petite vixen, but this lady was very tall. She looked quite young, perhaps her own age, with a snowy pelt and oddly transparent hooves. The golden horse contemplated asking about them, as well as the matching horn, but thought better of it. Her tail was unusual too- like a stick with a puff of fur at the bottom. Her lip quivered trying to contain her curiosity, but she was grateful for her silence when the mare spoke. It did not seem a particularly amused tone, and she struggled not to reel back at the tone. Why wouldn't she be cheerful? "Is there a reason I shouldn't be?" Laire asked, genuine confusion written across her small face.

They had a similar kind of dish in their faces, she noted. Of course, the palomino doubted they had any shared bloodline, due to the distance between her herd and this place, but wouldn't that be splendid? If they were cousins or something? Then she'd surely stick with this horse. She opened her mouth to say as much, but quickly snapped it shut. How ridiculous. Laire was often taken to bouts of fancy, and she tried not to let them go to far so not to shame her. One too many times she had embarrassed herself in her youth by sharing her thoughts, only too be laughed... (not at, with! Laire, we wouldn't laugh at you!). She guessed people she didn't know would not have such an issue with offending her.

The pony turned her gaze back to her companions, marveling at her strange feet. She could see right through them! Wouldn't that hurt? She didn't have any bones or anything in her hooves. Wouldn't that glass, and she was just guessing it was glass it could be some strange metal, get awfully cold? She shuddered. Daresay it would be horrible to get kicked by her. As the mare smiled, Laire gave a huge grin back, ears pricking back to attention. The pale horse was friendly after all. Perhaps her first comment had been humor, or perhaps she just wasn't the cheerful kind. Laire couldn't really understand that, but some people just weren't. "Greetings... Ráeru?" She paused, struggling slightly with the pronunciation but making a great effort to get it somewhat correct. "Sorry. I'm Laire, of Nèamh."

The ink-tipped mare furrowed her brow slightly, before continuing on in her chirpy voice. "Well I suppose, formerly of Nèamh, because I've come here deliberately. I was meant to be with someone else who was going to show me around, but now it's just me!" Even though anger wanted to colour her voice, the small horse managed to keep it upbeat, even if there was somewhat of a strain. It did not occur to her for a second that this new horse might not care about her back story, and might find her ramblings offensive of dull. No, mostly Laire was just chatting to herself. She nodded at the welcome, giving the icy mare a big grin. "Thank you very much." She murmured. It was nice knowing for sure she had made it to Helovia. It was even nicer knowing it was all worth it.

She rolled over the mares previous sentence in her head. World's Edge. Despite all her begging, Tarne had never told her about the herdlands, nevermind about which one he was from. It had made her a bit suspicious that there was a reason behind it- perhaps he was an outlaw, or an outcast, or (and this had been her personal favourite) he was a mighty king, rich and successful, and ruled over all of the land... And of course he hadn't told her, because he was testing if she wanted to be with HIM rather then just with his glory. It all made her want to snort now. She was such a fool.. But that begged the question. "So, where's the World's Edge? What is it like? Are the people nice? Will they be nice to me?" The words just dropped out of her mouth in a big rush, and even her horror at her own incompetence wouldn't stop them. Laire dropped her gaze, embarrassed. If she could have blushed she would have. "Sorry." She mumbled.

notes:: @Ráeru
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
So I was lost, go count the cost - by laire - 01-22-2017, 04:18 PM
RE: So I was lost, go count the cost - by Ráeru - 01-25-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: So I was lost, go count the cost - by laire - 01-26-2017, 02:11 PM
RE: So I was lost, go count the cost - by Ráeru - 01-29-2017, 07:05 PM
RE: So I was lost, go count the cost - by laire - 02-02-2017, 08:05 PM