the Rift

[PRIVATE] Come here often?

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia

When the water spills, the glass will break
It drips like tears, running up your face

Although he knows he is causing her pain, Hubris does not flinch from his duties and tries to remove the thorn as quickly and precisely as possible. Her happy toot sends a toothy grin rocketing across his bronzey muzzle and he quickly dispenses the thorn, point down, into the earth where it won't be able to cause any more harm.

As Mbwene's trunk comes towards his wings, he allowed them to open and flex so that she can both feel their strength and flexibility. Although he knows how dexterous and almost finger-like an elephant's trunk is, he is shocked by just how gentle and sensitive the pointed pinkish grey flesh is. Because of her size, he expected her touches to be far bulkier and harsher than they were.

A large white flower blossomed nearby, and almost without thinking, Hubris grabbed it by its stem and pulled. He held it before the pachyderm, meaning to show her that there were no thorns to be seen, and then set about trying to place it gently behind her ear.  

Isopia nodded almost routinely as Tembovu indicated his lack of understanding. She was used to this by now, inadvertently using words others didn't understand, and immediately supplied the answer without any note of frustration or impatience at having to do so. "It means giving preferential treatment to family members, using in the context of a job or rank." She replied, her voice finding its familiar academic cadence easily. She didn't return his smile though, but only partially because she didn't notice it. Instead, her reciting of the definition of nepotism only made her feel all the more stupid for allowing herself to be pulled along by her Father's bad decisions.

"I know my Father is not infallible." She began, and then realized that perhaps infallible might have been a word too rich for the former-general, and so supplemented its meaning in her next breath. "That is, I know he can make mistakes. I know that he often does, but I went along with it anyways." Her quad-horned head shook. "Perhaps I am just as much to blame." She admitted, perhaps more to herself than to Tembovu, for her eyes snapped back up to his, as if only just remembering that she was not alone in this discussion.

As he mentioned...well, what were likely meant to be compliments, Isopia could feel herself want to turn away - to drop her gaze and find some reason to cut his description of her short. But perhaps it was the paternal air about him that held her still, and though she hated the fact that he'd said her name, coupled with what he took her achievements to be, she kept silent and did her best to keep her gaze level.

What I mean to say, Mountain, is that you are welcome in the Edge, should you wish for a home… I would be glad to have you.

She hadn't been expecting that. Like her conversation with Aly, she took this chance meeting to be more of a ... a clearing of the air. Isopia blinked. "I was born in the Edge.." She said slowly, unsure if Tembovu knew that about her. Though he very likely did. Kings knew those things after all. "And the Moon Goddess is the reason that I am alive.." She continued, her voice trailing off. If he didn't know what she meant by that, that was a fair longer conversation. But perhaps he did know. Her words acted like some sort of conceptual bridge that she wanted to cross - a bridge that was meant to link Isopia, with Edge.

"The day we f-" She was going to say fought, but that suddenly seemed so unnecessarily aggressive in this new context they found themselves in. "-the day of the challenge, I could hear members of your herd unhappy with my choice, disapproving of me." Her words were clear, and there was no indication that Isopia had been emotionally wounded by the unseen voices come through the mist. But she knew from literally all her days on this earth, that her presence was not always welcome. She was after all, not the easiest to be around.

"I am not always the easiest to be around, despite my efforts." She continued, voicing her inner monologue. "I had thought I was being polite the day I spoke with Alysanne. And we both know how that turned out." She finished. Now it was her turn for a smile to creep onto her features, inviting the King now to laugh at her.

[OMG SHUT UP THE BOTH OF YOU. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SHORT THREAD WTF.]

Image by Tamme!

@Tembovu

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Come here often? - by Isopia - 01-22-2017, 08:56 PM
RE: Come here often? - by Tembovu - 01-22-2017, 10:52 PM
RE: Come here often? - by Isopia - 01-22-2017, 11:37 PM
RE: Come here often? - by Tembovu - 01-23-2017, 12:34 AM
RE: Come here often? - by Isopia - 01-23-2017, 10:49 AM
RE: Come here often? - by Tembovu - 02-05-2017, 03:00 PM
RE: Come here often? - by Isopia - 02-06-2017, 02:25 PM