the Rift

[OPEN] i ain't afraid of no ghosts

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
IF IT FEELS GOOD, TASTES GOOD, IT MUST BE MINE
HEROES ALWAYS GET REMEMBERED BUT YOU KNOW LEGENDS NEVER DIE

She flares her wings slightly, greatly increasing her size and posture, although Volterra remains unflinching and steadfast in the face of the display. He does note, however, that her wings are far larger than he's ever seen on a pegasus before, even though they are not fully extended; he wonders how she can bear the bulk of them when they're tucked against her sides, as they must surely be cumbersome when she isn't using them in the air. He has never understood wings, though. Flying unnerves him greatly, as evidenced by his short flight with Isopia and his countless forays into the minds of his dragons whilst they dart through the air - he is a landlubber and proud.

Her words causes a small smirk to flicker onto his lips, unbidden; I am not disappointed. He can't help it, the boost to his ego makes his muscles quiver with pleasure, although he keeps his face as a white mask save for the traitorous smirk that has forced its way into place. "I am glad that I meet with your approval," he rumbles. She continues, explaining that she was born here and that her father used to be the General. Now the Indomitable's interest is truly piqued, and his ears dart forwards to display this fact. "Who was your father?" Could it be the man whom Volterra was handed the position instead of when Sikeax asked him to join?

Her revelation that she wishes to be a warrior makes the smirk widen, and his eyes roam freely across her again, scrutinising her now as an ally rather than an enemy. "A warrior, you say? I am the herd's Gladiator, in charge of the soldiers who reside here. My name is Volterra." His swift assessment tells him that she would fit in absolutely fine within his ranks, but he is not the sort to offer such a compliment so freely.

She continues with questions of her own, which intrigues the mammoth warlord. If she truly is a spy on a reconnaissance mission then perhaps it is unwise of him to answer them, but there's little he can tell her that would truly compromise the herd. "Our Sultana is a woman by the name of Aithniel the Inquisitor, daughter of the Sun God himself. We have no Sultan, not since Gaucho's passing." He is sure this woman will know who Gaucho is, unless she has been gone for an extremely long time or has been living under a rock. "As for our rules...which ones would you like to know about in particular?" Their attitude to racism, perhaps, or what warriors were and were not allowed to do?

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 01-30-2017, 02:13 AM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-01-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 02-04-2017, 04:45 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-05-2017, 06:04 AM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 02-05-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-06-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 02-09-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-11-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 03-16-2017, 01:58 AM