the Rift

[OPEN] i ain't afraid of no ghosts

Azulee Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 hands :: 6 years :: Orangemoon HP: 65.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Valda

Who was your father?
She's glad he asks. Her bosom swells with pride, and longing; the pain of a daughter orphaned. She breathes heavily, and gives her answer.

"Azzuen, the Ardent. Who battled to acquire these lands on behalf of the Tuuli, and the mare Kri." Azulee has no memory of it, but she's commit the stories to mind since she was a yearling, before her sister became estranged from her. The filly Cirrus told her many stories, filled her head with tales of her fierce grandmother, the fireslayer, and of her lover the weaponmaster; of her uncle the samurai, who wielded a katana, and of course her father, who inherited Azureus' spear when he pulled it from his mother's chest. It is their blood that electrifies her veins, and all of them had a certain courage to die. And there are two kinds of courage, surely; the courage to live, also. Azulee hopes to harness both, when the time comes. She hasn't decided yet if she believes in fate. For her late father, it appeared as though his time had simply run out, and so she can't be sure of such things. But in the midst of her angst, life is happening, and she swats her tail as if to rid herself of it.

The stallion presents himself as Gladiator, and the storm daughter's ears prick forward. How perfect. She regards him cooly, her neck still arced the way it so often is. It's mostly instinct now, this stance of power that she chooses. "My name is Azulee, and I am glad to meet you. I thought you'd be a harder man to find." A smile splits her inky lips. Fate? or Coincidence? Perhaps a little bit of both. But such a notion was somewhat ridiculous, considering it is the duty of a general (or gladiator, as he calls himself) to patrol the herd's border. She keeps her wings bared, just in case he means to test her fitness. She would revel in it; it has been a long time since she's exercised herself in such a way, pitted against the body of another. This particularly body would prove a challenge, what with his size and his dragons. She's wary of his serpents, and imagines them singing her flesh and feathers... But she's game, if only for the experience such an opponent could give her.

He introduces the leader of this place as Aithniel... the Inquisitor. Azulee chews on the name a bit. But without a face or any knowledge of this demi-god, it means mostly nothing to her. Perhaps this is the woman the sea-soul claimed to be so fond of dead men's cocks.

The name Gaucho strikes a chord with her, however. She served under the stallion for a short time a few years ago and couldn't claim to know much about him. This brings her to realize just how poor of a warrior she'd been before, how standoffish and negligent she's been to this herdland into which her mother bore her and her family has shed so much blood in the name of. She blinks. For what it was worth, Gaucho had been a fair leader, and she respected him. "I'm sorry to hear of his death," is all she is able to offer. She is reminded of her own father, buried in the sand. 

"Is Aithniel a fair sultana?" An important question. Of course this stallion may be biased, but there's no harm in asking the opinion of her chief warrior. Azulee will likely hold his opinion in higher regard than their leader's, anyway, but she won't say so so blatantly. Finally, she reigns her wings in a bit.

He asks her what laws she is interested in most, and thinks for a moment. "I'm interested in the duties of a warrior; how often must we patrol, and what is expected?; the attitude on prisoners—" Her mother had been stolen by the unicorns of the Aurora Basin once, and was not treated particularly kindly. This one is important to her "—and how trespassers are to be dealt with." She tilts her head a bit, her final words spiced with a touch of jest. Her tail whirs absently at her haunches, and she feels, for the first time in a long time, a bit of weight lifted off her. 

i've got your wild-eyed ways.

credits

@Volterra

hard mode—HP: 65/65

physical force and magic is permitted to be used on Azulee at any time provided it does not involve powerplay (unless specified otherwise); please contact me before attempting to kill.
please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 01-30-2017, 02:13 AM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-01-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 02-04-2017, 04:45 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-05-2017, 06:04 AM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 02-05-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-06-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 02-09-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-11-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 03-16-2017, 01:58 AM