the SERPENT and the WOLF [tae v. touloo]

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

tae
         in places deep with roots entwined
i live the life i left behind

The mandible-marked mare was on her way home after yet another unsuccessful day of hunting for her stolen cloak. She had almost given up hope entirely that the magical swath of cloth would be returned to her, but she was stubborn, and so when her duties did not keep her on the bloody sands, she took it upon herself to continue the search. Today she had stayed out far later than normal, and the sun was already below the horizon by the time the familiar reddish-orange glow of the Throat came into view. 

But by then, something else had come into view as well.

Tae was on foot since she was travelling with her two earth-bound companions. Although Mal and Hel were fast, it was all too easy for Tae to forget about their limitations if she took to the skies and simply expected them to follow her. And so they were walking - briskly - but were on the ground just the same. The mare’s pale white eyes spotted the horned man as he stood on the sandbar. Before she heard his call, Tae wondered if he wasn’t trying to gain access to the Dragon’s Throat via the extra land created by the tide being out. If that was the case, she’d happily rouse the alarm and keep him where he was until the cavalry arrived. But quickly it became clear that he was looking for a fight, and so her images of him as a burglar quickly disappeared and she now regarded him as an opponent. 

The man was far taller than she, and almost just as lightly built. Although Tae was fast, she doubted that her speed would seem like such an advantage against the golden man’s long legs. Still, she assumed she knew these lands better than he (she’d have noticed him skulking about, wouldn’t she?), and she’d be born and raised on the sands. She could still recall her father telling her that, for all of his training, he’d had to work extra hard to build up endurance when it came to trekking across the Dragon’s Throat. Tae had had no such limitations. From her very first breath her body had been forced to learn how to navigate the energy-sapping footing of her home, and it hadn’t taken her body long to master the lessons that the sands had to teach. Still … the man had horns and height and Gods knew what else in his arsenal. Only the bold (or the stupid) would demand a challenge on the edge of the Dragon’s Throat, as the hour approached midnight. 

Despite all of this, Tae was not worried. She was not a fearful woman no matter how the odds stacked themselves against her. She’d taken on Volterra hadn’t she? She would always be David, ready to face every Goliath who presented themselves. And she had her wolves. Best not to forget about them. Sensing what was to come, Mal and Hel had tensed at her side, though they emitted no noise despite the fact that their hackles were raised and their lips pulled back to reveal sharp white teeth. 

Unlike her father, Tae cared very little about the etiquette of battle or fighting with honour. She cared only about winning, and so she slunk forward as quiet as she could, wanting to come upon the horned man from behind. To aid in this tactic, Tae conjured up a ghost-like image of an eagle to appear before Toulouse, should his gaze remain where it currently was. Although the ethereal creature did not physically attack, Tae hoped that its sudden appearance would distract him long enough for her to come upon him from behind, and take him by surprise.

The mandible-marked mare lunged, her hooves moving easily over the sands. She aimed to come at the gelding on a slight angle to avoid any kicks that he might throw her way out of surprise. She aimed for his left flank, wanting to shove her angular shoulder roughly against the thin cloak-covered flesh. For the time being, the hellhound and wolf only barked and snarled from behind. Their voices were meant to terrorize and intimidate, but out of respect for their pack leader, they kept their claws and teeth to themselves for the time being.

"Is this what you came here for?” Tae hissed once her presence was clear and whatever tactical advantage her attempt at surprise might have brought her, was firmly gone. There was a smile on her deathly-marked skull, but it was a wolfish smile. The smile of a predator. 

WC: 716
Attack: 1/3

Magic used: 

:: [ Magic: LightxSpark | Can create spirits. ] 
:: [ Restrictions | Can only create 3 small or 1 large spirit at a time. Spirits can only affect things within 10m of her body. ]

Image Credits

TEACHING NOTES

wooooooo. Will give actually feedback once you attack!

So far though, excellent intro. You really lay out the time of day and setting really nicely, without it seeming obvious.  I know that you've done a few teaching spars, so if there's any specific feedback you'd like me to focus on, let me know. If not, i'll more or less give notes as if I was judging your posts as an actual judge for the rubric.

Messages In This Thread
RE: the SERPENT and the WOLF [tae v. touloo] - by Tae - 01-31-2017, 01:18 PM