the SERPENT and the WOLF [tae v. touloo]

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

@Tae

While patience was a virtue, impatience was certainly Toulouse’s greatest vice. Grinding his jaws over the rough hide of the bullwhip and twitching at the knees he waited and watched, hypnotic eyes remaining affixed upon the surrounding dunes. Would no one answer his call? This land of warriors would spit no one out to spar him?
The gelding held a restlessness that not even the brontide of the evening waves could sooth, nor the susurrus that echoed from his wind-blown, billowing mane. There was a bite on the wind now, the kind that would see Toulouse shrug at his scarf and sink his shoulders further into the fabric; altogether, he remained oblivious to the approaching opponent.

Had Toulouse known he was being stalked by a hungry pack he would have turned to strike immediately, but, at the arrival of a wondrous spirit the gelding stayed in place, his neck crooning curiously towards the magnificent figure that emerged as if from a diaphanous breath of starlight.
“where did you-” The words fell from his lips as a whisper, though were easily interrupted by the twitch of his ear when the growls and snarls of a pack sounded from behind his line of sight.

Freezing momentarily, Toulouse let his pale gaze trace over the area he could see; which was immediately ahead and to each side. Bare sand, salt, starfish. Nothing.
That was until his flank was met is a mighty slam, the wingbeats and psithurism of the wind between feathers becoming the only noise absorbed by his ears.
OOOF!
The creature gasped against the thud, an imminent feeling of dread falling upon his lanky frame. That had been one hell of a blow; the bruising having radiated throughout his flank, pooling in his left hip. Certain of no fractures, only the most devilish of bruises now remained in his side.

Holding his left hind up and away from the ground Toulouse skipped away from the young mares brutish contact, limping with only his one back leg in use for now. Cold eyes found those of the wolf, a skull-marked creature who nickered a taunt his way. What nerve.
Testing his left hind, Toulouse found he could bear weight easily enough, though it would not be without a deal of pain.

Hip throbbing and eyes filled with irritation, Toulouse gritted his teeth once again over the hide that encased Cākāna. “you don’ wan’ ‘o play fair?” The gelding managed to utter through a muffled mouth full of bullwhip, dragging the wolf’s teeth lash upon the ground.
Have it your way.

Raising his head, even lifting a front leg up with the full-throttle motion, Toulouse made an attempt to rip the lash down upon his opponent’s skin. By trying to strike his jaw down and holding the whip’s handle firmly within his mouth, the gelding hoped to achieve a nasty slash upon the she-wolf’s dark hide should she stay in close proximity to him. Should the whip snag upon her wing, it would be a wonderful bonus - perhaps he’d even attempt to drag her.
The damage in his hip hardly eased, yet it became slightly more bearable with adjusting his stance and the amount of weight bore upon it. A survivor he remained, unmoved by the pack’s attack.

1/3 - 549 words.
Thank you!
And hmm, I would love just general stuff from the rubric and also I would love your opinion on how I go with taking damage! :) Also how you think I could make my posts more dynamic if you have any ideas? I try to be creative but I don't want to be unrealistic!
also, Toulouse's magic involves eye contact so do you have any pointers on how I might be able to word it so i wont get points off for PP?
I've actually only done like one teaching one with snow and that's about it! The others have defaulted or something like that. Super excited to learn :)

summary; toulouse is distracted by the spirit and takes taes hit in the flank, receives a seriously nasty muscle-deep bruise that is restricting his movement somewhat. He then attempts to whip tae with his whip by basically tossing his head up and bringing his head down fast to bring the lash down upon her.

damage; hp: 56
- (6) muscle deep buise on left  flank/hip area

art: © x coding: © x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Messages In This Thread
RE: the SERPENT and the WOLF [tae v. touloo] - by Toulouse - 01-31-2017, 11:14 PM