the Rift

[PRIVATE] keep the dogs at bay [quest return, earth]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin
GOD of the EARTH
in wilderness lies hope
The God listened eagerly but with a humble restraint as Volterra spoke of some of the trials that he faced for the sake of his quest. What interested the God the most was how Volterra referred to each of the emotions they felt, how they had arrived within his black breast, and how they had impacted him. For a creature who had appeared before the God not so long ago with only anger and lust under his command, the God was pleasantly surprised at the variety and range of emotions that Volterra's quest had opened up inside of himself.

"I know it was not easy for you, and there are many who would still view emotions as a weakness, or at the very least, something to be exploited. But now that you perhaps know yourself more truly and understand what your heart and soul are capable of feeling, you will better be able to defend yourself against those would use your emotions to their advantage."

The God smiled, shuffling his wings slightly against his flanks. "You have done more than I asked you, and for your dedication and desire to truly better yourself, I am well pleased with you Volterra. I know that this past year has not been easy. You did lose a child, and though I am thankful that you did not lose another, I am sorry that you experienced the threat of it once again. I hear from my brother that he has placed you at the helm of the Dragon's Throat, a position that cannot be easy for you given your past with its former leader, despite the fact that you are a well suited for the task."

He paused, regarding the Indomitable for a moment. There was a time, particularly when Volterra was young and under the manipulative shadow of his twin, that the God thought he might turn out very different. Though it was the Spark's ability to see into the future, nonetheless the God could see the faint shimmer of a heartless warlord, a creature of muscle and malice. That he was now a father to many, a friend, and a deserving leader was the most welcome change to that potential future that the God could have hoped for. 

"The ability you came to me for a year ago, is yours. Now that you can control your emotions, you will not be controlled by the creature that now lives in your bones." A warm wind ruffled Volterra's mane and the feathers lining his large hooves. The earth sung gently, rising and swelling up before dying down all around him, like a wave of growth. "And, for your continued dedication I will give you a gift. Your commitment to me has never wavered, and that is not a fact that I take lightly. To show my appreciation, I also give to you the blessing of the earth-" Another earthly tidal wave rippled across the ground, sliding towards the stallion  and bathing him in an illusory cascade of wind and leaves and the smell of a hurricane. "The powers of the earth shall be dull when turned against you. Those who wield my magic will find their powers less effective should they turn them upon you."

Congratulations! Volterra has been given: 

:: Magic  Dark x Earth | Ability to transform into a Cerberus the same size as his horse form.
:: Restrictions | Transformation is very painful. 

for completing his quest! As well as, 

:: [ Magic: Earth (P) | Resistant to Earth magic ]
:: Restrictions | Resistance diminishes over time

credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: keep the dogs at bay [quest return, earth] - by God of the Earth - 03-13-2017, 01:59 PM