the Rift

I am King

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

I have been here far longer than any of these newcomers. These trees whispered to me lovingly, but now they begged. They cried with thirst, desperate as their leaves crumbled and died away. Carefully, I picked my cloven hooves through grass too dry to survive my weight, and my heart broke at the destruction around me. Though I had chosen to be reclusive from this new world order, I could not stand idly by and watch as my land turned to ash and dust.

The Goddess of the Moon has been unusually silent as of late, and I did not know why Helovia was burning. As I walked forward, I recognized the white king who had ascended after a period of silence. The Silence, with all dead save for myself and a few others, was both healing and lonely. With the advent of the new ones, I found myself relieved and upset. No one could understand this land, this world, the gods.

With a soft sigh, I gently rested my cheek against an ancient oak, whispering to him in the language that sang on the wind. Another, a dark one approached the white King, and I hummed thoughtfully before approaching. Even among unicorns, I knew that I was unique, blessed by the God of the Moon. My silver body was lightly dappled, but my eyes were violet, just like the Lady Luna. I swung my long, leonine tail around my fetlocks and tossed my long, curled forelock from my horn.

"The God of the Sun must be angry..." I hummed, approaching the two with a very distant look. I knew that I had often been called strange. "Where are all of the children? You newcomers have been here long enough to bear children..." I asked, eager to impart the lore of this land upon them all.

Messages In This Thread
I am King - by Mauja - 06-19-2012, 12:55 PM
RE: I am King - by Psyche - 06-19-2012, 03:38 PM
RE: I am King - by Hellena - 06-19-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: I am King - by Mauja - 06-20-2012, 05:08 AM