the Rift

[PRIVATE] it'd be easy to pretend

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

She is glad to find Alysanne first, because in truth, she misses her friend. It’s been quite some time since they’ve been each other outside of herd business. Though this meeting would be herd business, at least it was only the two of them. At least there could be a moment of something other than the Edge. Don’t get her wrong, she is happy to work for her herd, but everyone needs a break now and again.

Admittedly, she wishes they could just spend the day planning the greenhouse together. Lyanna has spent some time tilling the earth, and had begun to bring some new herbs into the greenhouse to plant. But with spring, she’d also been tending to the garden and somehow felt like she hadn’t done enough of either.

“Aly,” she says, her face breaking into a smile. She is glad to see her friend, though she brings no good news with her. “I’m well. How are you? How are you settling in as Queen, for that matter?” Because she has not actually had the chance to ask this question since that change. Quite some time has passed, but perhaps it’s the right amount of time for anyone to begin to settle in to such a position.

She waits for the other mare to finish speaking before she continues. “I admit though, I was looking for you and sadly not just to chat in the greenhouse. I know it’s rather common knowledge that Toulouse invaded the Throat, but I’m not sure what else you know already. I found out a bit more while cleaning for Kis- Kaos, I suppose.”

Lyanna pauses for a moment, thinking back to cleaning with Glasgow, making sure she has the story right before continuing on. “Maren, the Diviner for the Throat as I’m sure you know, was there. Toulouse joined shortly after Maren, whispering to both Glasgow and I not to say a word, and then introduced himself as Barnabas. Apparently Maren had to save,” she says the word with a slight emphasis and roll of her eyes, “Barnabas from the sea. If Maren has any idea who Barnabas really is, she didn’t indicate it.”

She pauses again, feeling so much like a Princess right now, remembering so many similar conversations between herself and her parents. She’d been a glorified spy then, and apparently, not much has changed. “I kept my mouth shut, because I wanted to tell you and Tembovu and let you handle it as you thought best. But if you would like, I will accompany you to the Throat and apologize for not telling them sooner.” Though she thinks she’s done the right thing, she isn’t sure. She doesn’t know all the politics of Helovia. She’d followed the same instructions she’d had in Morham, but it’s possible they don’t hold true here.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Alysanne

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
it'd be easy to pretend - by Lyanna - 01-29-2017, 05:07 PM
RE: it'd be easy to pretend - by Alysanne - 01-30-2017, 07:40 PM
RE: it'd be easy to pretend - by Lyanna - 02-04-2017, 02:44 PM
RE: it'd be easy to pretend - by Tembovu - 02-05-2017, 06:10 PM