the Rift

[PRIVATE] Playing Doctor

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Barely had the meeting concluded before Erthë was on her way, receding into the backdrop of the forest as swiftly as her gimpy legs could carry her, foam carried on withdrawing tides. Her breath came in strained gasps, as though she had been holding it in for some time. Between a desperate wish to disappear and the new, gnawing eagerness to plunge headlong into the duties her new status demanded, she wasn't sure which one to obey. On a certain level she had to admit that this was a good thing, the best thing that could have happened; now she would have something to do besides mulling over her own problems, real problems to solve and actual tasks to attend to. She had to find a way to preserve the memories of her fellow herd mates so that the passing years would not get to them, so that her own failing memory could never forget or alter the experiences others had lived through.

It was a challenge, one that already had begun to occupy her mind when a bright, horribly cheerful voice cut straight through the chain of thought. For a fraction of a second Erthë considered pretending not to have heard, just continue on her way and find somewhere quiet and solitary...

But that would not be a very good start to her new career, would it?

"Hi Maude" she replied in that she turned back, slowing her lumbering pace enough that the filly could catch up (she didn't even sigh, wasn't that admirable). "Yes, I... I suppose I am." But it didn't sound very convincing, and Erthë had a feeling that her smile was terribly weak and glum. Sure, she was glad, but at the same time... she could almost feel the shackles locking around her legs, the tightening of chains around her wings tying her more firmly to the ground, the herd, the life if a cripple unable to see beyond the next line of trees..

Would the horizon ever be hers to claim anymore? Did she deserve to grasp it, or was everyone better off if she never tasted freedom again?

"I guess... " she added slowly, "I just haven't processed it yet."

She looked at the foal, but it took a while before her gaze actually focused on the little ray, leaving her own troubles behind.

"So, looks like we will be seeing each other more often from now on" she said, attempting another smile; this time it came easier, for seeing Maude somehow made everything feel much better.

"I hope you'll come listen when I hold my first lessons... though I might have to ask your mum for some pointers first."

Really, it still felt as though she ought to sit in on lessons herself rather than try to teach others about the world. What did she even know, that could benefit others? It wasn't like she was either old nor wise, not if the mess that was her life were anything to go by.

DANCING IN DARKNESS
to the sound of a drum

@Maude

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Playing Doctor - by Maude - 02-03-2017, 02:31 PM
RE: Playing Doctor - by Erthë - 02-03-2017, 03:43 PM
RE: Playing Doctor - by Maude - 02-06-2017, 12:14 PM
RE: Playing Doctor - by Erthë - 02-06-2017, 03:00 PM
RE: Playing Doctor - by Maude - 02-07-2017, 03:01 PM
RE: Playing Doctor - by Erthë - 02-07-2017, 03:19 PM