the Rift

Like the heart of the Tawa Tree

Kiri Posts: 12
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0hh :: 3
Bonita

Kiri

Now that Kiri stood closer to this stallion she could see how dark he is. The shadows that disguised him had played tricks on her eyes. She examined the colored lines that ran across his entire body and up his wings. Simply exquisite

Her mind is torn between her family and all the strange things about this place. She contemplated on how different, intriguing, and wondrous things are here compared to the same small island that she had spent her entire life on. She thought of her older sister trying to teach her the ways of herd life with the Maori which was quite the task for Kiri who only wanted to examine the bugs she spied in the grasses. She remembered her father who was as kind as he was strong and wise. He was also one of the fastest horses in the whole herd. How she looked up to him all covered in scars from his battles. She remembered curling up at his side and listening to his stories. She wanted to be just like him when she grew up. Her mother was the family clown. Always keeping everyone entertained with her wild antics. She always had a way of getting herself in some sort of predicament. Her father was always having to help her out of some mud hole or untangle her from some vine or comfort her as she healed from some cut she got from going somewhere she shouldn’t have.

Even in the worry that Kiri was experiencing, her memories could still bring a smile to her lips.

Her ears perked up as he spread his massive wings and then he spoke. She smiled genuinely at the thought of what it must be like to fly. What do clouds feel like anyways? Kiri’s antlers turned with her head as she looked from one tip of his wing to the tip of the other. She focused again on him as he spoke again. His words were not of much comfort unfortunately but also they were so strange. He can’t be of much use looking for them. Kiri's brow furrowed at why it would be that he can't help. Is he incapable? Unwilling? Can he not see?

Before Kiri could speak she heard steps coming closer. Kiri turned her body to face whomever it was that might be there. Hazel eyes focused in on perhaps the sharpest looking mare Kiri had ever seen. Her colors are pleasant on the eyes but its the sharpness in her structure that Kiri finds the most appealing. It hints towards something peculiar and taunting at the darker corners of the mind.

All fascination in Kiri’s eyes faded as soon as the mare began to speak. Liar! It’s not possible… Part of Kiri wanted to just to just shake this mare for saying something so preposterous! The other part wanted to break out in laughter till her company thought her off her rocker in more ways than one. Instead she just stared at the mare. Say something! Kiri thought to herself before saying the customary greeting of her people.

Kia ora.

Pausing for a moment she collected her thoughts.

There must be some mistake. I have never heard of Helvia or Helovia. I was birthed on Te Waka-a-Aoraki or The canoe of Aoraki in your language. My family was running with me just a moment ago I swear.

She spoke the name of her island as she looked at the stallion who called himself Shahroka. Worlds Edge, Dragons Throat. What kind of names are those for homes anyways?

There was a storm… a bright flash of light close by took everyone by surprise. Someone broke the fence where the two leggers kept us and everyone ran. I was running with them to the woods where we all got split up…. How does that even happen?

The something popped into her head.

Wait! Are you gods? Did you bring me here!?

They didn’t look like gods but how the hell would I know what gods look like anyways but right now it is the only thing that makes sense. What would they be gods of…perhaps of the birds and the stones? Her eyes are inquisitive but her mind feels like someone has taken Kiri’s little world and placed it in a mason jar like some little bug and shook it till Kiri couldn’t tell up from down anymore.

(“Kia ora” – Maori greeting)

Talk

@shahrokh
@manon
Apologies for the long post. Did not realize how long it was getting. I'll keep the word count down on the next one.

Messages In This Thread
Like the heart of the Tawa Tree - by Kiri - 02-03-2017, 06:23 PM
RE: Like the heart of the Tawa Tree - by Shahrokh - 02-03-2017, 09:06 PM
RE: Like the heart of the Tawa Tree - by Kiri - 02-04-2017, 08:30 PM
RE: Like the heart of the Tawa Tree - by Manon - 02-06-2017, 02:33 AM
RE: Like the heart of the Tawa Tree - by Shahrokh - 02-06-2017, 10:39 PM
RE: Like the heart of the Tawa Tree - by Kiri - 02-07-2017, 12:12 AM
RE: Like the heart of the Tawa Tree - by Manon - 02-08-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: Like the heart of the Tawa Tree - by Shahrokh - 02-09-2017, 07:57 PM
RE: Like the heart of the Tawa Tree - by Kiri - 02-10-2017, 03:02 AM
RE: Like the heart of the Tawa Tree - by Manon - 02-20-2017, 08:37 PM