the Rift

[PRIVATE] prodigal no.2

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney

Aiya Anor, Elenion Ancalima!

The stag was in the company of his bonded bat yet he felt alone, and while the spring growth and willow leafs brushed upon his back he felt untouched.
Once again the ginger stallion felt distant and spaced from the ones he loved - all because of one mistake. One which had turned into another, then had turned into two beautiful colts.
He idd not feel the joy a new father ought to. Still he wondered where the woman he considered to be the final piece of his family had flown to now that the Falls had disbanded, not to mention Glasgow. Ultima was fragile but she was resilient. That girl of starlight and whim would have flocked to safety one way or another.

Tides were turning; change was shifting them all around like grains of sand caught among the current.  Time and time again the flaxen physician caught himself wish for the simpler times - the time when he could wake in the morning and greet Arah and Maude, then step from their burrow under the tree and say his good-morning's to Glasgow and Ultima.
but they were almost all gone - He'd only recently managed to snatch his Arah back from the clutches of death.
At least Maude remained throughout, and nearing a year old too.
How the time had flown. Perhaps in another blink of his eyes she would be a young woman.

The ginger gentleman tranced his cloven hooves along the moss, green eyes glazed and saddened as he looked amonth the sheltered alcove protected only by a wall-like shied of willow branches.  The very place he and Arah had consumated thier union.
Was it broken now? Was it repairable?
As he stood at the water's edge, crooning his nose down upon the leaves as they drooped into the lakeshore he wondered endlessly on that very question until he could not bare it any more. He had to know.
"Arah. Wynter" The man spoke through his bond to the dark bundle of fur who strayed in the canopy.

Pea gave a cheering sheek, soaring right over the head of his beloved Tilney and darting out of the willow-room, headed north for the Edge in search of the Sage and her bonded griffon.

occ; for tilney and arah <3 feel free to pp pea finding wynter and arah!

@arah

☀︎

x

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Wynter recognised Pea almost immediately, alerting Arah to the bat's presence. The doe tipped her head back and smiled up at her lover's companion, she held no sour feelings towards the little dear. Smiling at him she laughed lightly, "hello Pea." If Pea was here then that would mean Tilney was near by. The doe wondered if he wanted to see her, would he forgive her outburst? Her reprehensible words? It seems as if Pea has his own ideas, leading her forward. The doe hesitated for only a moment and then conceded to follow the bat. While they were not in a hurry her hooves moved quickly over the terrain while Wynter kept a close eye on her. Through their bond she could feel the griffin's doubt about the good such a meeting would have but Arah had to see Tilney. Wanting to know what had transpired in The Throat had been consuming her thoughts day and night. The doe found herself unable to let such an important event out of her thoughts. It was also be a lie to say she wondered how Tilney felt seeing her again. The mother of his sons. The other woman. Or was Arah now the proud owner of that title? Had she pushed him too far away during their fight?

So many unanswered questions, this was why she had to see him. The doe had to know her fate.

When Tilney finally fell in their sights Wynter gave a few quiet clicks of her beak. It was not a warning, more a want for her bonded to be careful, to guard her heart during this meeting. The doe allowed her eyes to sweep over Tilney's body. It still looked like her partner, a flaxen chestnut with the curious tree climbing it's way up his leg. The antlers still stood tall, strong and proud upon his head a crown for him. Lastly those green eyes were still bright, clear and beautiful. The stag still looked like her partner but she could not be sure. 'He still looks like my Tilney. Smells like him too.' She thought to herself as she slowly approached the stag. 'I just want him to come home, I want him to come home with me.'

"It is strange." There was no anger in her anymore and she'd forgiven him only a few hours after the admission. "This place seems to have barely changed and yet we have completely." Moving closer she did not touch him wondering if he was angry with her. Neither were innocent but she'd vertically played the victim, perhaps more than she should have. "Oh, Tilney." Arah sighed wanting to reach out to him, wanting to hold him once again. "I'm so sorry, I should not reacted like that." Would he forgive her? Would they be able to repair what had been shattered. "It was not fair." No longer was she the fair maid, innocent and naive in the ways of the world. Arah had to accept the fact that she was now an equal one with knowledge and awareness of the world. She and Tilney were equals and it would take both of them to repair their relationship. If she did not also gain his forgiveness then they would never leave this lakeside.

Art by Mockingale @ DA

@Tilney - Permission for him to use his magic and hear her thoughts. <3
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney

Aiya Anor, Elenion Ancalima!

As his green gaze passed over the still lake, his ears remaining just as still against the whistle and psithurism of the muted atmosphere, Tilney allowed his mind to continue to drift. Their first night togeather here in this leafy bungalow seemed so long ago, so distant, yet the phosphenes remained. They danced before his eyes, the memories of what was, what is, and whirl of dreams - of which have not come to pass.  Could things ever be the same?

The dream continued and soon the vivid world around his mind's eye became reality. Arahs dainty hooves disturbed the moss and her antlers brushes against the willow leaf as she stepped forth along the lakeside; she had come to him.
Stepping across on his forelegs Tilney eagerly watched her approach, his eyes not daring to cross over her own just yet. It was only as she drew close and his concentration grew that her thoughts were amplified within his mind.
I just want him to come home; I want him to come home with me.

Hearing this caused the smallest of smiled to ripple across his ashen maw, one that had smiled a million smiles before though none recently. He was troubled, this was easy to be seen by his ever creased brow and his rapid aging, dull coat and unkepmt hair. To hear her say that she wanted him home again trutly made his heart soar and his eyes quake with the threat of tears; she had forgiven him.
He had not, however, forgiven himself.

"My heart, nin emel" Was the stallions whisper as his love stepped under the shelter of the willows sorrowful branches. Striding forth the ginger man tread over to Arah with great urgency, by now quite unnable to restrain any emotion or his need to be nearer to her.
Raking his neck along her own, taking in her earthy-cinnamon sweet scent, the great stag didn't take much notice to the words she spoke until well after they had left her lips.

"It was not fair at all" he breathed in response "I deserve much more for what I did."
Still he wondered what he could possibly to to make up for it. How could he assure her it would never happen again? He wished to devote himself totally to her and their children but how?
He had failed in his mission of retrieving the children; Nephele had kept them hidden and remained unyielding. Byron had nearly been killed by Kaos's bone monster, clearly just an article of Nepheles negligance. He was determined to find those boys and bring them home where they belonged with their sister.
After that there would be only one thing left to do to make their family complete, whole and healthy; he would wed Arah.

"Arah, I can think of only one thing to truly devote myself to you" He spoke softly, green eyes searching for her own of gold. She must know what he spoke of, it was so sacred to the people of their homeland. A smile betwitched his face; it seemed at last he was outrunning his troubles.

☀︎

x

@arah
uses magic!

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎