the Rift

[OPEN] Enjoy The Silence [Border Patrol]

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

-- I O N A --

Another sleepless night. 

They were becoming more and more frequent for the Specter.  She’d been restless since Raeden had nearly been thrown from the cliffs, and the fallout from that incident.  She knew that she needed to follow up with Tembovu and her sister regarding that whole issue, but she’d been picking her battles of late.  And for the time being, Kaos and the safety of the herd were her primary focus.  She knew that her body was sending her warning signs that it was too much, fatigue was heavy in her bones and when she allowed herself to sleep it was fleeting and light.  Her normally perfect physical condition was beginning to slip, and she knew she couldn’t afford to let herself slip further at a time like this

She’d have to do something. Soon.  But it didn’t mean she was happy about the conversation to come. She shook away the thoughts and pressed through the ache in her bones, frowning as she glanced up through the thick fog.  The sun illuminated the mist around her so it seemed as if she was trapped inside a thick, bright cloud.  However there was no comforting breeze in her face and gravity pressed heavily upon her back. 

At this hour, she knew she was better off patrolling from the ground than from the air.  She’d be hard pressed to pick out any discernible figures from the air in the thick, morning mist.  The painted mare let out a soft huff.  She knew that too many things were hiding in that mist. d’Arcy’s recent attempt at theft is still heavy in her mind.  Kaos’ threat looms too like a dark cloud in the south.  She just hoped that today’s patrol would be uneventful.  As she walked, carefully avoiding the spikes embedded in the earth, she detected a voice hanging in the morning air.  Dark ears pricked as she turned towards the sound, wondering who else found themselves wrapped in a blanket of mist this morning. 

“Morning,” she offers to the pair, with a small smile, recognizing them as Mesec and a girl who is familiar to her from shape alone but she doesn’t have a name to go with the face. 

“I don’t think I ever thanked you properly, Mesec,” she said, gesturing to the mail she wore over her shoulders. She normally wasn’t one for weapons and items, which may be strange considering her profession, but she certainly appreciated them now with the looming threat.  She then turned to the young pegasus. “And I don’t think we’ve ever met - I’m Iona,” she offered to the girl.

She waited a beat before continuing. “Seen anything this morning?” she queried, wondering if they’d seen anything suspicious.  “Unfortunately in Kaos’ wake, some thieves have grown bolder,” she grumbled, looking back into the mist and narrowing her emerald eyes - looking for threats hiding beyond her line of sight. 

"WE'RE CAUGHT UP IN THE CROSSFIRE OF HEAVEN AND HELL."
Lines: x x

@Ru
@Mesec

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
Enjoy The Silence [Border Patrol] - by Ru - 02-04-2017, 03:39 PM
RE: Enjoy The Silence [Border Patrol] - by Mesec - 02-15-2017, 09:41 PM
RE: Enjoy The Silence [Border Patrol] - by Iona - 02-18-2017, 01:19 PM
RE: Enjoy The Silence [Border Patrol] - by Ru - 02-28-2017, 02:16 AM
RE: Enjoy The Silence [Border Patrol] - by Mesec - 04-12-2017, 09:13 AM