the Rift

[O]You Precious Thing

Patrick Posts: 31
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.0 (wfg) :: 6 months
LovellaTorendo
Patrick

There are noises of movement in the trees but they aren't coming from the direction they should have been in if the boy really did see something behind him. His ears swivel in confusion towards the noise ahead but also back behind. In the end the on coming stranger captures his full attention for, where the other (if in fact there is another) has remained hidden, this woman does not hesitate in approaching the colt. A horn of ivory color with decorative etchings sprouts from her forehead, shimmering scales underline her eyes and she is blue-gray-green just like the waters that circle his home. Patrick sighs almost wistfully then his eyes fall upon the hovering whale at the blue mare's side and become very, very wide.

Drat! Now I'm not going to be able to play my game. Oh well, she is pretty to look at and the creature with her is something else. I guess that makes up for her being a game ruin-er. Of course the first thing she says to me is the tired old "are you lost". Why is it that every adult I come across outside of the Throat, even those who live in the Throat with me, seem to think I've gotten myself lost if I am anywhere on the mainland side of the bridge? Listen up adults everywhere! I have never been and will never be lost! There, end of story. Of course it isn't, because they can't hear me think it and Pop taught me better manners than to yell at adults... especially if they are being nice.

With his gaze riveted to the air-born beast who really ought-not to be out of the sea his answer to the woman's gentle question is given almost absently.

"Nope! Home, ummm..."

For a moment he pulls his blue eyes away from the whale and glances around to find the direction he came in, this being south. He points his nose that way.

"back there... waaaaaaaay back there... out of trees."

This small interruption settled he focuses on the whale again. His mouth is opening, probably to ask a question, when the lady becomes startled. The boy blinks and his ears flatten at the piercing whistle from the whale but he doesn't move. After a moment he finds that the woman in front of him is now looking at and talking to someone very definitely behind him. At this he gives a triumphant shout.

"Knew it!"

When he turns around however, he finds not just one but two more strangers.

"Oh!"

Clearly excited now he moves forward with a prance to his step. His muzzle reaches towards the larger of the two not at all phased by her size. Apparently he thinks better of being quite so forward though because halfway through that reach his head ducks to tap his chest instead.

"Pat!"

His name is added to the exchange with enthusiasm. The boy's head turns towards the black, white and winged woman to offer a small smile. It isn't long before his attention is back on the antlered draft though. He grins up at her colorful flowers with approval.

"Nice!"

Next he steps back and to the side until he can see all the involved adults and companions.

"Where all from? Tell Pat stories?"

such big eyes you have
Image Credit || TABLE BY SEVIN

@Tiamat

Messages In This Thread
[O]You Precious Thing - by Vertigo - 02-05-2017, 12:41 AM
RE: [O]You Precious Thing - by Patrick - 02-05-2017, 01:53 AM
RE: [O]You Precious Thing - by Tiamat - 02-05-2017, 03:03 AM
RE: [O]You Precious Thing - by Lyanna - 02-05-2017, 08:56 AM
RE: [O]You Precious Thing - by Vertigo - 02-05-2017, 04:29 PM
RE: [O]You Precious Thing - by Patrick - 02-05-2017, 09:46 PM
RE: [O]You Precious Thing - by Tiamat - 02-06-2017, 02:06 AM