the Rift

[O]You Precious Thing

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
tia & nim ♡
It quickly becomes apparent that the ocean mare has startled the shadowy stranger as much as the stranger had startled her. There is a mixture of embarrassment and compassion written across her features as she watches the taller stranger step out of the trees, revealing herself to be a sturdy—but undoubtedly beautiful—draft woman. They both chuckle a little to themselves, and Tiamat wouldn’t be surprised if the other’s face burned as brightly as her own. An apology is ready to leave her lips, before a soft whicker announces the arrival of another mare, which consequently moves their conversation on to other things.

“A pleasure to meet you, Vertigo, Pat, and Lyanna; my name is Tiamat,” she introduces herself as the others had done, inclining her head to each of them in turn, while a gentle smile rests comfortably on her lips. However, her attention soon focuses solely on the one named Vertigo. The black and white mare expression her own apology, shifting awkwardly as she does so, and appearing rather uneasy. Naturally, Tiamat’s fragile heart goes out to the stranger, her healer’s instinct urging her to relieve whatever discomfort Vertigo might have.

When she speaks, her tone is both soothing and earnest, hoping to expunge the draft mare’s worry. “That’s quite alright—I’m sorry to have frightened you as well, it seems we were both in for a surprise. It certainly was the jolt I needed to wake up,” the sea maiden shakes her head with a flurry of chiming shells, laughter lacing her voice and illuminating the shine in her eyes. It is a thing of the past now—an incident for them to share and look back on in what she hopes is years to come (the kindly mare is ever eager to befriend those around her).

Then, addressing the boy’s obvious enthusiasm, she continues, a coy glance given to the colt out of the corner of her eye. “Nimue and I,” she motions briefly to the quiet Leviathian hugging her flank, “are from the Aurora Basin, in the northern mountains. I’m a healer there, and it is a beautiful place.” It is recognizable by the lilt in her voice that Tiamat adores her home. She cannot speak of it without a wistful smile softening her lips, thinking of the haloed peaks, fresh grasses, and breathtaking views. She cannot think of a Helovia, or a life, without it. The Basin and its herd have given her so much more than a place to live—she has a home and a family.

“Did you know…” Tiamat goes on, looking again to the golden boy and his thirst for stories, “on starry nights, well after the sun has set, the sky comes alive with colors! They dance in ribbons across the horizon—greens, reds, purples, yellows, and blues—it is truly a wondrous sight!” Her demeanor brightens and she chuckles, broadening her gaze to include Lyanna and Vertigo. “Perhaps you will come see it sometime,” she suggests welcomingly, with an air of mystery thrown in for Pat’s sake (and she cannot hide the amused smile that quirks her lips).

“Speech.”
and I can be your light—
in the dark, I will shine to guide you.

image credits
@Lyanna
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
[O]You Precious Thing - by Vertigo - 02-05-2017, 12:41 AM
RE: [O]You Precious Thing - by Patrick - 02-05-2017, 01:53 AM
RE: [O]You Precious Thing - by Tiamat - 02-05-2017, 03:03 AM
RE: [O]You Precious Thing - by Lyanna - 02-05-2017, 08:56 AM