the Rift

[OPEN] home is where i drop the anchor (joining)

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

With new fern fronds in tow, studiously collected from the outskirts of the Edge, where she’d spied them yesterday, the filly makes her way along the path which, curiously enough, passes by the way into her home. It is only curious, however, because most days, there is no one there, but perhaps a song bird, or a fox.

Today, however, a gaggle of individuals is heard before they are seen, the little one redirecting her homeward bound direction, to see what the fuss was about. Dropping her gathered fronds at the sight which awaits her, the cheerful child giggles, and rushes the tall, familiar man no sooner than she gauges who keeps him company.

"Uncle Barty!" she gleefully exclaims, darting through an open swatch between Lyanna, Erthe, and Auntie Aelfwine’s grouping to swiftly approach her Uncle, "what a neat surprise!"

Likely bumping into him for all her exuberance, the maiden’s cry precedes the thrum of her tiny hooves thunderously carrying her towards the gathering of her kin, friend, and teacher. Though she is excited also to see the others, her Auntie and friends were commonly met in the misty wood, whereas her pirate Uncle was not. Having grown accustomed to only seeing him when great adventure was to be had, the child was quite delighted to find him at her house, rather than out and about!

She too, like Aelfwine, seeks to embrace her Uncle, but with an embrace of her small neck and the craning of her muzzle up and not nearly over his shoulder, rather than a quick touch as his sister does. Pulling away from him with bouncy steps, she attempts to snuggle her Auntie briefly, too, before turning to Erthë and Lyanna with a big grin.

"And I’m Maude! But you guys already all know that," she mirthfully giggles, finding it amusing that she knows more of the people here than the grown ups seem to. Looking back at Bartholomeo, she asks: "What are you doing here, Uncle Barty? Daddy didn’t say you were comin’ to visit today."

how to be brave
how to love when I'm afraid

Image by Araxel@DA
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: home is where i drop the anchor (joining) - by Maude - 02-07-2017, 11:00 AM