the Rift

[OPEN] home is where i drop the anchor (joining)

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

His grin is warming and a bit infectious as he greets her. She chuckles at the comment about bones, adding, “I see that, though I think the bones added a nice bit of flair.” Her teal eyes twinkle a bit, clearly teasing. Though bones were far from the worst thing she’s seen in this world, they were hardly the most appealing either. But before they have a chance to speak more, there’s another voice.

There seems to be a welcoming committee for every new Edge member lately. Erthe cool voice cuts in, though softening after a moment. The pale girl grins at Lyanna in a sly way as she asks if Barty is a friend. Lyanna flicks her tail at Erthe, though she’s grinning slightly at her friend as she whispers back, “I met him cleaning for Kisamoa. I was covered in dead stuff.” she says, her eyes playful. He is handsome, after all, and she can’t blame Erthe for teasing. But there was nothing more there, just acquaintances at best. Perhaps with him in the Edge they would be friends, but she held no other hopes or plans beside that.

Not that she’d complain if it was more, but the though brings to mind Apollo, and she can’t help but feel a pang of sadness at that. She has no idea what’s become of him, but hopes he’s okay, wherever he’s gone.

Soon there’s another mare with them, who clearly knows Barty as well. But soon she turns to Lyanna and Erthe, introducing herself as Aelfwine and introducing Bartholomeo as her and Tilney’s smile. Lyanna’s smile brightens as she replies, “I’m Lyanna. It’s a pleasure to meet you Aelfwine.” But before she can say any more, Maude is there as well, and greeting her Uncle.

She gives them all a moment to connect before turning her attention to Barty. “Lucky for you, your family is rather well liked here. Hopefully you won’t be the one to start any of that chaos,” she says it with a wink and a light laugh. “But the Edge would love to have you.” She walks forward, heading through the gate and stepping out of the way, glancing back to invite Barty to join his rather large welcoming group.

“Is there a job you were interested in? I can try to point you in the right direction, if so. But you are welcome to settle in and decide later.” Because perhaps he simply wants to spend some time with his family. She wouldn’t blame him. It’s something she wishes she could do every day. Watching their reunion hurts, but she finds it hurts less than she might have expected. She’s also simply glad to see them all so happy.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Erthe @Bartholomeo

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
RE: home is where i drop the anchor (joining) - by Lyanna - 02-11-2017, 07:27 PM