the Rift

[PRIVATE] I don't gotta a Halo, I gave up my wings

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy

His golden eyes were bright and filled with a wildfire burning deep within his chest. It roared from the depts of his soul and exploded in bright venom colors of gold. He was growing greatly, and the boy felt mixed emotions about everything. His father, sister, mother, Zubari did n not know what to think. He was growing up and teaching himself everything that he knows. The boy was broken and torn in his heart, he was broken and falling apart. There was no one that he could turn to that would understand any of his pain. Zubari had no real friends, and he was not taken seriously by adults, in all honestly who took the boy seriously?

Everything ate away at him, it devoured and burrowed deep within his brain. Consuming his every thought with hate, pain, annoyance, and so many other emotions the boy could not get the thoughts out of his mind. Kuuma soon brought the boy back to reality. Sharpened teeth dug into his skin like needles, and he looked at the small beast. Would they ever get along and understand each other? He sighed slightly nudging the civet with his maw causing the young fur ball to roll into a small ball. Kuuma chuckled brightly standing back up and climbing Zubari's leg. Happily, the beast perched upon his spotted back. Chocolate tones blended and meshed into each other as Kuuma found a comfortable place to sit upon her bonded.

Zubari shook his head softly at the lazy beast. The Civet spent a lot of time sleeping on Zubari's back, and if it were not for the boy, the beast would not find food. "Kuuma.... why are you so lazy?." The boy huffed looking to the bright-eyed civet. Chirping with happiness Zubari got a mental picture of just a sketchy smile face. Huffing a black hoof quickly stomped down on a tail of a passing squirrel. The vermin squealed and screamed trying to get away. Kuuma happily jumped up and leaped off his back onto the prey. "Well I guess you just need some help with food right now...." The boy mumbled walking away from the screaming squirrel.

Kuuma was never one just to kill and eat her prey. She enjoyed taunting and playing with his food. The civet peered into the black button eyes of the fuzzy tailed rat. Powerful jaws crushed the creatures rear legs and let it go. The squirrel tried to run away, but it just dragged its body through the gushing blood. "God damn Kuuma just fucking kill it!! ." Zubari screamed walking back over to the blood drenched ground. His hoof cracked the skull of the small vermin, and the boy walked away again. "Was it that fucking hard?" Kuuma just lets a displeased look fall upon her face as she began to eat the small meal. Zubari, on the other hand, came to a halt at the ruins of ancient Helovia. Annoyed, frustrated, pissed, confused, and just done with everything.

"Talk."
zubari
"I’ll take my bow I won’t make a sound I whisper truce as the ashes hit the ground

image | coding
Lyrics

@Bellanaris

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury

Bellanaris Posts: 16
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1hh :: 1 :: Tallsun
Elgar'nan :: Fennec Fox :: None Rottie

Lost.

Completely and utterly lost.

It doesn't matter where she turns she can't seem to figure out where she has gone or how to get back to her sandy home. Helovia is huge, far bigger than she ever expected it to be - even bigger, perhaps, when your parents have vanished and left you behind. The girl had wandered off, foolishly optimistic that she could at least find her mother. Imprudent. Every ounce of this drastic venture is simply foolhardy. Frankly, even she could see that now but at this point, she's a little stuck. It's impossible to turn back time and fix this mistake. Instead, she attempts to make the best of it. Eating when she can manage to remember to do so, sleeping when exhaustion won't let her step any further. She is left to simply figure it all out herself and hope that she makes it back to the Throat before she's old and gray.

In a way, she has that in common with Zubari. Not the lost part, no, because he seems to have a better sense of direction than she does. Rather, both of their parents are 'missing' - whether physically missing or just mentally, both are fairly equal in the way the affect the foals. Both of them are left to figure out this life on their own. The biggest difference likely lies in their outward demeanor or behaviors. Bella is decidedly a soft filly; warm and oddly nurturing for a foal that's lived all of approximately six months. Although she is saddened by her mother's disappearance into the ocean tides, it doesn't eat away at her yet. Her thoughts remain abnormally optimistic and bright.

Unlike Zubari, Bella is completely alone. The slender, long-legged girl has no companion at her side. Her mother and father both did, that much she could remember from the time before, but they'd never gotten the chance to tell her about them. Of course, it's difficult to miss something that you've never had and don't understand so Bella simply continues on her own way, assuming that someday she'd find a companion all her own.

The girl has grown thin since leaving the Throat behind, walking more and eating less has resulted in a slenderness that more prominently displays certain bones (like the ribcage, for instance). Her coat has yet to become dull and scraggly; the beautiful sandy tones of her coat are rather vibrant amongst the darker greens and browns of the forests outside her home. Even her pale silver mane and tail are longer and thicker than most foals her age; a small point of pride, one that lifted the girl's head, causing her to stand a little straighter and a little taller. The four horns atop her head were steadily growing. By now they are several inches tall with the slightest backward curve. Her most unusual feature, however,  is likely the set of vivid deep blue feathers growing from the base of her tail, fanning out just above her pale locks. Bella could potentially be described as pretty, perhaps even more so if her movements lived up to the smooth flair of her Saddlebred heritage. Instead the girl's steps are a bit rough, bouncy and a bit unsteady. Her joints tend to swell easily with vigorous use, causing the girl pain that sometimes makes her want to never move ever again. To cope, she's learned to walk more slowly and take more frequent breaks. It isn't the perfect solution but it certainly helps.

Would she ever be able to run? Or fly?

Not knowing her ailment is only temporary, or that she would grow out of it by the time she reaches her first birthday, the girl honestly figured she would always be the last one to arrive anywhere. Frankly, it's a wonder she hasn't been attacked and eaten by some random beast in the Helovian wilds. With weak joints, Bella is incredibly easy and desirable prey. So it was almost a miracle when she finally found her way from the cold mountains to a warmer place with trees and far more greenery. Moving at such a leisurely pace allowed her plenty of time to admire the flowers, insects, and various small animals along the way. Just before the strange, old looking structure comes into view, a harsh voice abruptly cracks the peaceful quietness. 'God damn Kuuma just fucking kill it!'

For a moment, Bella pauses. Her ears are erect and rapidly swiveling in an attempt to find the source of the voice. Had she been close enough to see the boy, she might have heard the sickening crunch of the small creature's skull giving way beneath his hoof. But it isn't until he speaks again that she pinpoints where he would likely be. Bell, all elegant lines and choppy steps, shuffles between the tree trunks until she comes to the clearing with a strange but pretty structure. Her earthy green eyes, flecked as they were with hints of soft blue and gold, sweep over the smaller creature and settle on the darker foal. The boy stands nearest the ancient rotunda, but it isn't the building that interests her.

Bella shuffles her wings, fluffing the feathers before hugging them against her sides in an attempt to comfort herself. Then, with a single calming breath, the girl approaches. "Hello." she says, her voice warm but lacking the classic foal exuberance, as she stops a few feet from the colt. "I'm Bella. Mind if I join you?" she adds, more confident as she gazes at the dark boy with the intense golden eyes.

B E L L A N A R I S

image credit

@Zubari
Um... wow. Sorry, Bella decided to ramble on and on. At least it's here? xD
Next replies should come faster.