Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

Striking mights and maybes even more

A useless thing called life

It's a biting cold again

Most came; it should've warmed his heart but the lost faces swam before his vision. Cineviam and Ricciardo stood out perhaps the most, a stab of bitterness in his cold heart - betrayal, or too wounded to make it on time? He'd heard the crack of his pet's skull, had known without looking back that he was lost. What of Snö? Had she run again? Psyche had been with her... so she ought to be okay. Right?

What he hadn't expected was for Alan to throw a bitch fit about it. Mauja's ears fell back, flat against his neck, head hoisted high as he snorted. What a fool. She'd always been a hotheaded, passionate mare, but this folly? And Leyra, she who had not even come to the battle, dared to agree! A low growl rumbled in his throat even as Kou and Descaro leaped to shut Alan up, as Korra dealt with Leyra. "Death is useless," he hissed at them, too tired to be diplomatic now. "And dying in this stupid battle would've been pointless, a waste of life. So shut up and survive." He had met a deadraiser once, in the forest to the south - he had met an undead colt in the marsh. But what kind of existence was that? Rotten and detached? He was not cold enough to wish his unicorns into undead tools simply to raze Helovia's hornless to the ground - then there would be none to carry on their legacy, and he'd die a mad, power-wracked king.

Tamlin and Aviya, who had suffered with her cough during the journey, stood near Kou, but he could see - and smell, damn it - Lotus somewhere. Lucius came with the torn-off end of Monster's rope, Faelene's fervent growl on his heels. Pay for it, yes... It lay by his feet, and for a moment he stared at it. To keep it would be sentimental and useless. He'd miss his pet, but life went on. It had to. He tilted his head, masking the sorrow in his eyes, and gazed upon the old half-demon by his side. How comfortable he seemed to be, standing next to the King. Was he assuming something? Too tired and hurting to argue about it, he turned his gaze north instead. Deimos spoke, hushed glee like a cat in his voice, and Mauja wondered if he meant Monster or someone from the Qian. He doubted the necromantic warrior would express such deranged joy at the demise of the black pet, though, but decided against asking. If it turned out that he did... Mauja was too tired to kill anyone today. "We'll go north; if they want to raid us, they'll have trouble finding us. I know how to survive in snowy wastelands, and I will show all of you. We will rest here today, and move on to the Frostbreath tomorrow. We'll set up a perimeter with guards; Lucius, Lloyd, Alan, you take the first shift," came the crisp, terse orders. They'd have no more stupid bickering today. Order would hopefully shut them up, and then they'd be so tired they'd just fall asleep - or so he hoped. The two bulls seemed in quite good shape, and Alan needed something to do. Lucius' flank looked troublesome, but the post was more to give warning than actually defend - should the Qian send fighters after them, they had little choice but to flee.

He moved to Kou and the two foals. He gave Tamlin's forelock a tender nip, before turning his worried eyes to the mother. "I'm worried about her breathing," he confided in a low voice. "I don't want to risk her health.. do you think she can make the journey?"

( it's okay if you want to just go to sleep etc or something in this round. ^^ this thread has pretty much served its purpose, I think? )
CREDITS
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

Valentine
My Heart Leaks the Blood of Many

Valentine walked across the frozen tundra. He was on more solid ground now. He wasn’t grateful that he had made it out alive. That didn’t matter to him. In the distance he saw something. It was a group of unicorns. He heard them shouting, even with the wind whistling in his ears. Some of them looked angry, and some looked upset or depressed. Some were bruised and battered, and somewhere even bleeding in some places. Then it hit him. This is what was left of the Edge. They had lost. He looked around for his King, and saw in at the front. Near his tail, he was burned. It looked bad too. He was still carrying the ice in his mouth, but he put it in a spot that he would remember, and he walked closer to the herd. He suddenly heard a loud shout, and hear the distinct voice of Mauja, weaker than normal, but it was still him.
“The Edge! No matter these imposters who move in the depths of our forest, we are still the edge. We have to recover. Regenerate. But once was are strong again, we will show Helovia that if you play with fire, you get burned.”
Once he heard these words, he knew that they had truly lost. But Mauja was right. He heard shouts from others after words, but he was too deep in thought to listen. His own mind was spinning, find out way to get back at them, to get Edge. Suddenly, he looked around. He didn’t know what he was looking for until he didn’t see her. Her. The white mare with the violet eyes. He kept looking, but didn’t see her. He shook his head. “What am I doing,” he thought. Why was he looking around for someone he didn’t even know? He was confused himself. He focused on things of need, such as how to help, how to get things back, and what ways they could get revenge.

Follow the trail of blood...you'll find me at the end

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali
[Image: koutable.png]
Kou

One by one they all came, all of them battle torn and weary save for herself and the, now two, foals at her side. They all took turns speaking their peace, but Kou was no longer focused on the meeting at hand, but rather the foals. The king's son, Tamlin, was warm beneath the lynx pelt that he had received at his birth, while her own daughter shivered and struggled to stay warm. The young prince touched her flank and Kou looked at him, her ears tilting forward. It was faint, but she caught the plaintiff growl from his stomach that testified his hunger. The pale mare nuzzled her daughter then gently scooted her forward before then reaching for the prince and nudging him into her side so he could feed and fill his belly.

Lotus was nearby, it was impossible not to smell her. Kou cast one glance around and spotted the dark mare, heavily pregnant and watching Tamlin. There was no remorse felt for the mare, that her son was not at her side feeding. There was an obvious reason for it, but Kou would not judge her nor would she question the mare. Her only concern was making sure that the King's son was well fed and warm since he seemed to not want to stand beside his dam.

Her head raised as Mauja gave orders, but shortly after it seemed as though the meeting was ending and her attention was once again on the foals until Mauja spoke directly to her. She held the same concerns for her daughter that Mauja did and her worry flashed briefly in her eyes. "Wherever we go it will be cold." She said to Mauja. "Frostfall is already bitterly cold. I would rather stay here and have guaranteed protection from the herd than travel alone and risk my daughter's and my safety." She gazed down at Aviya and sighed. "It will be hard, but in the end it will make her stronger."

colourize-stock @ deviantart | prints-of-stock @ deviantart | edlo @ deviantart

Lucius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

As he stood there, in the middle of the group, a scent caught his attention. It was a scent the bull could sort out anywhere and anytime. Lloyd! Joy exploded inside him, but his posture only changed a little. His ears became more erect, his lips stretched in a smile and his head rose half an inch. He kept his sulfur eyes on his leader though, not quite figuring out what the snow beast thought of the black rope, and when Mauja moved Lucius kept staring at the open space where the leader had been.

Then finally Lloyd was by his side and Lucius let out a almost undetectable sigh. He stood in silence, not even looking at his twin, but the smile was all the while present on his black lips. How would I ever have manage to live on if he’d been gone? he thought, feeling his fighting spirit return to him. Then he gave his brother a quick side-glance and murmured, still smiling: "Don’t you dare use your magic on me, brother."

Mauja assigned the twins and Alan to create a perimeter and watch it. The bull nodded and his heavy head turned to the bay bitch. His sulfur eyes openly displayed how much he disliked her and the way she behaved. To have mares on the battlefield had obviously not helped and he regretted his thought about them at least increasing their numbers. He couldn’t say he’d been very distracted by Alan or any of the other mares, but obviously many of the other stallions must have been. Did he blame the mares for their loss? Well, maybe not, but still. Mares had no place on the battlefield.

"Come on, brother, let us create a perimeter. " the black bull said and started to walk away, with some effort since the pain in his left side caused him to move rather stiffly.

Tamlin Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 2 years
Rover
The hungry little colt could smell the warm milk so near and when Kou touched her soft muzzle to him, guiding his way he felt joy all throughout his body. He was going to be fed, his stomach would stop doing those funny noises! He reached in, but then something stopped him and he looked up towards a low hill. There was his mother! How could he have missed her?!

The prince gave Kou a thankful gaze and a quick smiled, but then he was off, using his last strength to get to his dam. He was too young to have grasped the perception of time entirely and thus those hours of solitude and hunger had felt like forever, but now Mother was here and the little colt felt like everything was right with the world again.

He panted heavily when he reached her and so he couldn’t get a word out of his mouth. He just looked up at his dam, dual colored eyes wide with happiness, and then he nuzzled his way down to his food. He greedily sucked and swallowed the warm milk. Everything would be ok now that his mother was here, he didn’t feel as helpless as he’d felt a few minutes ago; no, now he was feeling more… tired. The young prince stopped feeding and gazed at his mother again. He gave her a happy smile and then he ungracefully lay down in a tangled heap, falling asleep almost before he hit the ground.

he sows in blood

Permission to use violence and magic against Tamlin at all times granted

Korra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The savage spoke no more. Fuzzy lobes perked in the direction of her liege as his message was given to the battered crowd, and her blood-spattered face showed no emotion. When his voice died out, brown orbs glanced around the many faces, some familiar and most foreign. Others spoke, but she did not stand around to converse with them. Turning around slowly, she strode away from the crowd and up a rocky hillside to seek cover under some old pines. There, she would allow herself some rest and be consumed by her beloved solitude once more.

The dwarven steed was silent, for inside him roamed a sea of different emotions. He felt the exhaustion suddenly and yawned as Mauja finished his speech. Looking around, he could not gather his thoughts enough to join a conversation, could not keep his eyes open. Limping slowly, he moved for what seemed to be miles but was more like a couple of yards, to a small cave that could provide him shelter from the raging elements. There, he lay down on the rocky ground, quite uncomfortable but too tired to notice. Before long, sleep had consumed him and he dozed off into a heavy, dreamless sleep.