the Rift

shackled & bound

Revenant Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

REVENANT
i'm waking up i feel it in my bones, enough to make my systems grow

She came for him – swirling shadows, darkness incarnate but void of the salacious intent that could be imposed on the creatures that went bump in the night. He knew better than to assume goodness or malice of anyone however menacing they appeared… and she was menacing. She stank sickly sweet of power and capability far beyond his. She could ruin him. She could sully him red and horror picturesque upon the slate ground but oddly enough he didn’t fear her. No. His pale eyes leveled upon her devoid of emotion, of feeling. She could cause him so much devastation… but he’d already been ravaged beyond repair. Broken, broken, broken.

’I’ve felt pain.’ Pain was when the streets were painted red with your daughter’s blood and you could do nothing to stop it. Pain was when the love of your life abandoned you and replaced you with someone far more important and esteemed. Pain was when riches valued more than life’s most coveted possession: another’s beating heart. ”You ask the impossible, I think.” the dark gentleman murmured blandly, matter-of-factly. ”I can feel nothing anymore.”

He wasn’t refusing her request… but he was confounded by it. He’d constructed his imposing towering walls of ice, of apathy, for what? For the Goddess of the Moon to command he thaw them and leave himself raw and exposed – shuddering like a helpless babe when faced with the striking possibility he’d have to care. He sighed deeply and relished the feeling of the air swelling his lungs, stretching his ribcage, and releasing an odd tension and restless he felt in his muscles and bones. ”Why do you ask this of me? Why?”

Messages In This Thread
shackled & bound - by Revenant - 10-29-2012, 12:35 AM
RE: shackled & bound - by God of the Moon - 10-29-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: shackled & bound - by Revenant - 10-29-2012, 01:41 PM
RE: shackled & bound - by God of the Moon - 10-29-2012, 01:55 PM