the Rift

[PRIVATE] Will you leave this life to chance?

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Random Event

The zephyr had been present in Helovia before. Sent on a mission of greed, the massive arctic bird had brought Frostfall further than had always been intended. Here, in the Blood Falls, however, the wintry king was sent on another mission.

Lenaaaaaaaa the wind seemed to hiss the name, but the sound was still enticing. The massive zephyr flapped his large wings, snow and ice falling to freeze the single fall he hovered above. Talons stretched out as the king landed on the stone edge, the frozen, bloodied water glimmering as the light from the Birdsong sun danced off it. The sun's rays could not combat the winter the creature brought with him here, though it tried. Leeeeeeennnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, the wind seemed to hiss again, though none would be able to hear it except for the woman herself. The one known as the Songbird, alone in this moment, was being called by the king of winter himself--though there was something greater to be revealed. Around him, the world seemed to dance in his splendor. The trees dotted among the area waved their branches, the leaves dancing and whistling as a cool wind moved through.

The zephyr folded his wings against his sides, and lowered his regal beak toward the frozen waterfall. Moving from the safety and security of his massive, crested head, was a dainty fairy. Her skin was as ice blue as the bird itself. Stepping with bare feet on the cold stones, the fairy turned and pressed her hand against the massive zephyr's cheek. "Thank you, my king." She said, and the zephyr clicked his beak. Lifting massive wings once more, the behemoth took to the skies. The fairy turned on her heels, looking out over the frozen waterfall. White tendrils of hair fell around her naked shoulders, and the wind called out once more: Leeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

For @Lena ! Posting order only applies to Lena, and it's up to Heather if anyone else is allowed to join. P.s: No need to tag me.

photo

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
Her dreams were restless, persistent, and unwinding – a message from another world, another time, another place, capturing her name on its wintry lips Leeeeena, neither dark nor light, and she grimaced against the onslaught. For a few moments she fought the summoning entirely, not waking, forcefully shielding her eyes from the bright light beyond, morning dew and spring vestiges, shirking its power to listen to anything else. But it was in the wind, in the trees, in the air, shuffling and courting, murmuring and screaming and shouting and hissing all around her, until she was pulled almost entirely upright, an invisible, intangible hold underneath her chin, a billowing art of beckons and siren calls stroking her ears. The Songbird’s eyes opened, wide, but stalwart and valorous, believing it to be naught more than a mirage, a ghost, a phantom, wandering along the great plains, dancing in eerie, merry delight, intending to pull her into damnation and oblivion.

Imogen shook her head though, too wise, too knowing, pacing outside the cave’s aperture, into the brilliant rays of sunlight, chirping glorious tunes between their graces. Even if she couldn’t hear the noise, the refrain, the constant chants, she was still a part of the seraph, a portion of her wondrous soul. It’s okay! She waved her tails, she arched her cunning brows, and she pranced into the void, drawn by the clarity, the tenacious endeavors – so Lena did too, in a trance, entrenched in the veritable warren and labyrinths.

They left the safety of the mountains, told not a single soul of their sojourn. The mender was spellbound, the kitsune was ecstatic, and the world seemed to shift into nothing more than columns of wintry white again – she wouldn’t have recognized the Blood Falls with its frozen pillar, with its dazzling arrays of powder and ice. All the while, the wind kept calling, insisting, tugging her forward into the enigmatic beyond, and she couldn’t resist, entirely enticed, tempted, besotted into the grandeur of opulence and intrigue, limbs moving of their own accord, muscles stretched into longer movements and cascades, a minuet, a cavalcade, a series of motions riddled with song.

Then her eyes lingered upon the stranger in the midst, standing right before her with naught but ivory, a fairy, a fey – like one of her own, cast into chilling elements (perhaps her’s, a witch sent from caverns of rime and avalanches). Lena didn’t know what to do, couldn’t fathom why she’d been brought here, why she’d been serenaded by the sharp wails of the breeze or the diligence of the snowy tides, so when her mouth opened, when her breath loomed, when her voice ignited, it was in an intrigued bounty of melody and harmony, sent in a lilting strain towards the whimsical essence. “Did you have need of me?” She whispered too, hesitant to destroy the atmosphere, believing there’d been a mistake, gaze settling on other portions of the realm, looking for more strangers, more rightful beasts to come out of the haunted woodwork.

her passions are made of nothing but the finest part of pure love
LENA
Credit URL

Helovian Ancient

Random Event

This particular fairy was quite patient. When Lena took her time arrive to the call, the small spirit was not phased. She spent her time touching plants and freezing them into beautiful, solid ice statues. All around her voice danced as she trailed along the frozen waterfall, freezing flowers and leaves and blades of grass all the while serenading herself to keep from boredom.

When Lena did enter the fay's field of vision, and asked her question, she had the sprite's full attention. "Oh, my dear Lena," She hardly whispered, her voice somehow youthful and wise all in one. Upon her back, tiny wings fluttered and lifted the sprite into the air. The blue-skinned fairy moved to the bay's side, reaching out and ice-cold hand to touch Lena's horn. "It is less of having need of you, than you having need of me."

The fay grinned, wide and unabashed, and her cerulean eyes twinkled with mischievous delight. There was something the fairy would need of Lena, but it was so simple the Songbird would excel.

For @Lena ! Posting order only applies to Lena, and it's up to Heather if anyone else is allowed to join. P.s: No need to tag me.

photo

She waited for the resolution, for the announcement, for plagues or phantoms to come bursting out of the confines, eyes poised, careful, watching, uncertain of Imogen’s delight, of the whisper serenading from the fairy’s lips. But as her hand, as her fingers, cold, unrelenting, like the mountains she roamed, like the summits she climbed, like the chilling, hallowed world she served, touched upon her horn, she felt strangely at ease, at peace, in repose. The Songbird couldn’t ascertain the serenity, the tangible tranquility blossomed and bloomed from the eaves of the unknown, but it washed through her just the same, releasing the breath she’d been holding, dancing across the threshold of her heart. Nothing to fear, Imogen assured her, right all along, silly chirps and enigmatic grins following in the kitsune’s wake. Perhaps it was the mischief, the delight, swirling within the fey’s eyes (something Lena would’ve sparked, would’ve incensed, long ago, before wars and persecutions, before worlds turned and burned), drawing her into relief and composure. Maybe it was the wide grin the Mender returned, urged, enticed, tempted to revere the reason why she’d have need of the winged belle. “Do I?” She whispered, head tilted, curious, not understanding the full depths of anything she required – her needs had always been met by the gracious acts of those around her, of proffering them with the best care, with offering her mending, assuaging services, with ensuring they were well, they were whole, ready to forge on for another day. “I can’t think of anything I require…” she posed, a melody invoked by the unknown. She loved and cherished, she aided and protected – was there something else she couldn’t see, couldn’t fathom, couldn’t touch? No unearthly cravings seared through her soul, along her veins, avaricious and mercenary – no warren, labyrinthine melancholy stirring in her chest. The interest remained, however, because she wanted to know if there was an element to her path that she’d yet to discover.

LENA
Credit URL

Helovian Ancient

Random Event

The tiny fairy ran an icy finger down the horn of the Time Mender before taking a step back from her. "Lena, Lena," Her smile faded, and she turned to walk toward some of the underbrush she had originally been waiting near. "Perhaps I am not using the right language...but I think you'll understand the meaning." The fay bent down and grasped a deep crimson flower. Instantly, the magic of the fairy laced over the flower and coated it in slick, shiny ice. It was a wondrous thing to behold. the fairy turned, her unabashed, joyous smile returned to her face. Her eyes were bright as she quickly danced over toward the bay unicorn.

"Isn't this wonderful!?" She exclaimed, holding the flower up for the Time Mender to gaze upon. "Of all of the flowers I've touched, I think this one might be the most beautiful." Her voice was satisfied as she looked upon her frozen creation, her wings twitching with the delight she felt in her youthful, yet ancient heart. "It is for you." She held it out with two fingers. Taking a step back the wintry princess released the flower. It floated before Lena, and it glowed as the light hit it. "Yes, this is what you needed from me."

photo

There was something lost in translation, missing pieces clattering along her head. She’d spent too much time away from fairies, from sprites, embarking on her own avenues, quests, and sojourns, paying heed to the needs of her brethren, barely breathing into the elements, into the sinew, into the flesh of the earth. Her mind was rattled, spellbound, tormented by the confusion, furrowing her brows at necessities and trivial matters she clearly couldn’t fathom, eyes continuing to watch the creature she should’ve readily understood, but had been too far, too misplaced, too taken with the mountains, the summits, the peaks to relish and savor any more. The Songbird’s crown tilted a fraction more, witnessing the fey entangle her ghostly fingers amidst the runes of a beautiful flower (like sunsets, like rubies, like pressed cardinal feathers), instantly coating in a gloss of ice (like the caverns, like the glaciers, like the home she knew so well). At her smile, Lena beckoned another grin, so unsure, so uncertain, so keen, so ardent, but so intrigued. Then there was the bestowal, the grand gesture she still couldn’t quite grasp, and still, her heart jumped, escalated, beat such a tremendous symphony that she didn’t know what else to say but “Thank you,” parting her mouth to deliver the tender harmony. Thereafter, she inclined her soft, dulcet maw towards it, reaching, reaching, reaching, wondering why it was so vital, why it was so necessary, why it seemed so monumental, why it drew her towards its illustrious, beautiful veil, rime petals and satin lights. But she couldn’t say anything else, too taken, too enticed, too reverent.

LENA
Credit URL

Helovian Ancient

Random Event

There was something in the sprite's grin and the way it faded as Lena said her thanks that would make one question what the magical girl had planned. The tiny, fluttering fairy lowered to the ground and crossed her legs. Her wings slumped and her entire body seemed to turn a deeper shade of blue. Cerulean eyes turned to Imogen, and a sigh escaped her pale, icy lips. "She's not even going to ask what it's for, Imogen." She spoke to the companion as if Lena could not hear her, as if the Songbird had somehow disappeared into the wind with the appearance of the frozen flower. "It is something so great. Something to be treasured. And the Songbird is just enthralled by its beauty! If only she knew..." The sprite looked through frosted bangs, side-eyeing the mare.

A small smirk touched the lips of pale blue, and her wings started fluttering again. "Okay, okay! I'll tell her!" She flew back toward Lena's horn, grasping it firmly and holding herself in place. Icy, cold to the touch, bare feet balanced on Lena's forehead. "This is a passage to the gods, Lena! I just think they have something to tell you....or you to them...I felt it in my tiny bones! I traveled here to give you this flower so they would know you've been granted safe passage. Oh, Lena, I just know you'll use it wisely!"

In her excitement and merriment, the fairy sprung from Lena's head and spun a few times in the air, disappearing in a puff of snow and ice.

Congrats @Lena ! You have been given a magical flower which will allow for one VOTG chat, and in addition have been given a custom item w/ 2 upgrades. The flower will not be added to your records, but the item will!

photo

The Songbird was only another piece of the elemental earth; not omniscient, not otherworldly, not potent or wise by any other means that her own experiences, her own deeds, and her own faith. She felt sheepish in the light of the fairy’s gaze, in the whittling of her banter between herself and Imogen (and the ivory kitsune nodding, chirping, looking back and forth to Lena as if to say See what I’m dealing with here?), because she hadn’t known enough to understand the true nature of what she’d been granted, because she was ignorant, blind, and sometimes too foolish to merely ask.

Perhaps the fey had taken pity on her again, had realized and seen the mare, even with all her virtues was ridiculously flawed, sometimes ineffectual, ridiculous, and afraid of what the world offered – for no sooner had she blushed, had she been taken back by her show of stupidity, did the fairy render her an explanation, all wings, all smiles, all generosity. A passage to the Gods…I just know you’ll use it wisely! The femme immediately wanted to deny it – she didn’t deserve this amount of kindness, this bestowal, this strange, anointed treasure, that the Gods had no use for her, that the deity of the Sun had once thought her so stupid, so foolish, but Imogen chirruped through their connection, shook her head, whipped her tails, and implored. Yes, you do was all she said, and the boundless dedication, the unrelenting confidence, trust, and conviction bubbled within the Songbird’s heart, until her eyes nearly watered over, burst into tears. She didn’t know what to do or what to say, so wholly incapable, but granted something meaningful, wonderful by someone who’d believed in her. “Thank you!” Lena sang again (and would do so over and over, timeless and enchanted), hoping it reached past the disappearing foils and the sparks of ice, pervading and ringing in the chill, truly encompassing all the sentiments simmering within her – deliverance, liberation, and a pure, holy regard for the repose still resting in the corners of their realm.

[Thank you admin! ^___^]
LENA
Credit URL